Pre-User: Can FlexiContent add data to a form submission?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #41434 by JohnGalt
Hi,

I am less than new to FlexiContent as I am currently only considering to use it. I am not sure that I will actually do what I want. Please forgive my asking this question without being really deep in the philosophy of FlexiContent.

I need to set up a user registration form. When saving the submission to the database a dynamically created unique 8-digit value needs to be included in the record. The IP-address shall be stored as well.

Can FlexiContent do that? Easily? Do I have to be an experienced php-programmer in order to do that?

Can FlexiContent generate different emails after submissions containing different values from the record?

In the unlikely event that FlexiContent cannot do that do you know of some extension or CCK that can do that and where not to deep programming is involved?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
John
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by JohnGalt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41435 by ggppdk
Hello

user registration ?

to registers visitors as JOOMLA users?

i meant visitors submitting this form , will already be Joomla registered user?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41451 by JohnGalt
Hello ggppdk,

thank your for your answer. I think you're right: "user" is the wrong word as it really should be "customer". By registering the customer does not even become a user in the Joomla sense. I apologize for the misleading wording.

In essence we are talking of an affiliate system. The flow is:
  • Someone finds a marketing link to a customer registration form on our homepage.
  • He fills out the form and submits it.
  • Then the 8-digit code is generated and send to the customer in a confirmation email.
  • Eventually we will produce marketing links for our products for him to download that contain his 8-digit-no so that we know who a sale came from.

We do not have a real Joomla user registration as we try to keep the hurdles as low as possible.

I hope I answered your question appropriately.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
John

More
10 years 6 months ago #41459 by ggppdk
Hello

- so you have a content FLEXIcontent content Type "Registration" in your site (with appropriate FLEXIcontent fields)

that must be submittable

- by logged users ?
- or by unlogged visitors of your website ?

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 6 months ago #41475 by JohnGalt
Hi,

it must be submittable by unlogged users. I know about the disadvantages of this approach but that's due to keeping the hurdles as low as possible.

Kind regards,
John

More
10 years 6 months ago #41479 by ggppdk
Hello

FLEXIcontent and other CCKs, are not only about form they are about also displaying the content in frontend in a complex way, that is filterable / searchable, etc

so maybe you would want an FORM only component, e.g. RS-Forms

-- but in any-case, you will need to execute some PHP custom code ! (in RS-Forms too)
Code:
I need to set up a user registration form. When saving the submission to the database a dynamically created unique 8-digit value needs to be included in the record. The IP-address shall be stored as well.

- this is an idea that i like to be able to execute, user's enter PHP code for creating field value, and we will add in a future version in text field, or in a new field

- currently you can not do this without creating a new FLEXIcontent custom field (new type of field)

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline