HTML Validation when using open graph META in FC

More
10 years 4 months ago #43951 by shultman
I get this error validating (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) content made with flexicontent ver. version 2.0.3 beta2 r1686.

Is there any solution to this?
Can I turn off the creation of META content?

Regards,
Olle Zettergren
Senior Joomlaconsultant

Line 125, Column 18: there is no attribute "property"

<meta property="og:description" content="Björksta har fem avdelningar:

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

The generated code is:
Code:
<meta content="Björksta har fem avdelningar..." property="og:description">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #43963 by micker
at first please update into
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/d ... p&can=2&q=
and re- test ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 4 months ago #43985 by ggppdk
Hello

the META tag for the open graph will not validate,
but if you use HTML5 it will ?

see here:
stackoverflow.com/questions/4707 ... ebook-inte

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 months ago #44030 by Zvezdi
Hello

I want to have automatic open graph tags in my FLEXI articles. how to achieve it? I'm new, so please explain in detail and simple :oops:

Regards

More
10 years 4 months ago #44046 by ggppdk

Zvezdi wrote: Hello

I want to have automatic open graph tags in my FLEXI articles. how to achieve it? I'm new, so please explain in detail and simple :oops:

Regards

Hello
-- go to each field configuration and enable it there

e.g. you have 2 image/gallery fields, but you want to make only one of the, and open graph suggestions:

field types that support it:
- description field
- text fields
- textarea fields
- image(=gallery) fields

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 months ago #44054 by Zvezdi

ggppdk wrote:

Zvezdi wrote: Hello

Regards

Hello
-- go to each field configuration and enable it there

e.g. you have 2 image/gallery fields, but you want to make only one of the, and open graph suggestions:

field types that support it:
- description field
- text fields
- textarea fields
- image(=gallery) fields

Regards

Hello

I can not find, how to do that.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline