Profile management

More
10 years 1 month ago #45654 by milind.purandare
Hi

I love the way Flexi Content works! The relationships field is especially amazing...

And your quick response is always a smile! :)

I need to add a profile management layer on top and effectively link it to the news content.

So what I need is:
- Profile management on registration (different profiles with different data) something that CB provides (say teacher, student, school as different profiles)
OR a connection from Flexi Content to CB

- Ability to let users add other members as friends

- Allow users to add groups/ events

- Allow users of a particular profile type only to add items of a particular type

I can use CB to have user select a profile type and do registration... but how do I link Flexi to this story ?
I am not stuck on CB... any other component is fine too.

Please guide me here as I am a bit lost...

My million thanks in anticipation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45674 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Profile management
Hello

we have plans to support showing the CB profile inside FLEXIContent views,

e.g. in item view
or in author-items listings

but this is not yet done

we are supposed to call a CB plugin that will create the HTML of the profile

just this is not yet implemented

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45684 by milind.purandare
Replied by milind.purandare on topic Profile management
Thanks

Can you help me with some pointers?

Can I do profile management on my own using only FlexiContent?

I need to capture different fields per user based on profile type to be selected prior to registration... I could have a custom registration link which lets user select profile type and then take him to the actual registration page...

I am a bit lost on how I could use Flexi after this point... to capture user data and register as Joomla user with Joomla ACL

Since we have relation field and reverse relation field I guess implementing friend moduel should not be difficult for me.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45685 by ggppdk
Hello

FLEXIcontent attaches fields to articles, and not to users so there is no way to do this in an easy way from the frontend

in backend you can assign a user description/profile item inside the "author edit form"
- first filter to show authors having ANY number of items = also having none)
- edit an author and select to assign him a description/profile item

place these items in a category "User profiles", and optionally in FLEXIcontent Advanced search plugin you may select to prevent creation of links to this category

question: if you used CB would it be enough to display the CB profile in FLEXIcontent frontend author-items listings ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45687 by milind.purandare
Replied by milind.purandare on topic Profile management
I am experimenting to decide with JomSocial and CB OR none of them and stick on my own only with Flexicontent...

I need profile management... cant escape it... and i want to stick to Flexicontent... i love the way we can build content here..

So wondering can profile management be implemented using only Flexi...

The site has a social flavor and i want members to belong to different profiles and be able to add each other... the add part should be ok i guess with relation/ reverse relation fields..

Only profile management is illusive :(

More
10 years 1 month ago #45688 by ggppdk
Hello

my suggestion:
- use CB or JomSocial
to manage user profiles

and then trigger their plugin to display profile in views that need it,

-- to have support for the above via FLEXIcontent configuration parameter:

(=showing CB / JomSocial profiles in FLEXIcontent frontend views that need it)

is planned for FLEXIcontent v2.2.0 (mid of April) because v2.1.3 is almost finished

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline