Error after item submission (frontend)

More
9 years 5 months ago #50650 by ggppdk
Hello

try using backend / fronten now
it should be ok now,

i strongly believe that this error is NOT because of frontend item form, at some point there was a DB crash that caused problem to FLEXIcontent fields table,

and default fields were re-inserted ???
(i say the above because the 'positions' fields column was not empty in you web-site),

-- so it was trying to convert them from old (beta5) template layouts configuration to new type, but the configuration was already inside templates DB table,

i will add change to v2.2.1 not to stop in similar error, (if layout configuation already exists)

instead it will continue and thus clear 'positions' column in fields table (old way of storing layout configuration), thus it will recover gracefully in the rare case that this occurs

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50651 by mauriestate
Hi,

Thank you very much and YES now I can access it backend, thank you very much, you are just awesome and support is great as usual.

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50652 by ggppdk
Hello

i have added a check for existing template configuration, not to stop and continue, this rare error, but it should be handled gracefully by v2.2.1+

can you now test frontend form ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
9 years 5 months ago #50653 by mauriestate
I just check the frontend and so far everything seems to work correctly, will keep you updated should we find any issue after more testing. Thanks again for your support.

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51035 by mauriestate
Hi, making another website (fresh new website) and just got the same error:

Duplicate entry 'default-items-description' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO uliyg_flexicontent_templates (`template`, `layout`, `position`, `fields`) VALUES('default','items','description','text')

Is it safe to update to the 2.2.1 version now where this issue has been sort out?

It is strange that I am having this issue alone, seems no other developers are getting it, am I doing anything wrong in the configuration/setup?

More
9 years 5 months ago #51036 by ggppdk
Hello

this is fixed in v2.2.1 rc2+

since this is a new website, please zip and install from here:

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexico ... 2.x_stable

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline