Usercase create related item at the fly Cannot upload

More
5 months 3 days ago #84647 by HenkKV
Hi,
I searched for a method to create a related item at the fly in case a related item does not exist. While doing so I documented my search and I made a PDF tutorial. I try to upload, but get an error. I should add a main category, however that field does not show up. What to do? I attach the procesflow. Pdf is too big, 0,4MB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 days ago #84648 by micker
without coding no way sorry you need to create joomla plugin in order to listen onaftersave and create item related on fly

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 months 2 days ago #84652 by HenkKV
Hi Micker,
You don't understand. I created a simple solution without coding.
That solution I likt to share with the community
However that is not possible, because in your sectio DocsTutos you require a main-catagory before uploading an tutorial. That field is not available.
My solution in short
1. Create a new Flexicontent HiddenMenu Item. Name:"add-xxitem" , Item type: "Content item submission form" and target window "New window without navigation"
2. Create a new Field Fieldtype "Custom html / Item form tab / Fieldset". In CustumHTML "<div> <hr /><i>Header display text</i><br /><table style="border: 3px solid DarkGrey";><tr><td> <a href="index.php/add-xxitem"> <b>New XX Item.</b></a> <br />Don't loose your data. <br />  First save this item </td></tr></table><br /><hr /><br /></div>"
Regards Henk

More
5 months 1 day ago #84659 by micker
hello you can publish and propose your tuto i repair link submission
happy to share it in social after reading

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
5 months 19 hours ago #84672 by HenkKV
Hi Micker,

I created the tutorial. First time I tried to attach my PDF file. This was not accepted, so I copied my text and pictures in the text field. After saving the pictures seemed lost. Maybe I did something wrong.
Regards Henk KV

More
5 months 19 hours ago #84673 by micker
can you put only content for now ? and send me pdf and image here micker@free.fr
i will check

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline