Serious Security Breach on FlexiContent?

More
13 years 5 months ago #11712 by status101
Hi Micker,

Actually I had not seen that.. So a huge thank you. In the end I found it in another thread as well - in english ;) with the patch someone posted, and also found the info on the manual change.

Do you know if this patch is this included in 1.5.3? Looking at the dates, I don't think it is.

I am just a little worried.. although it is not 'technically' a problem with Flexicontent itself, one or two postings on the Joomla Security vulnerabilities list saying FlexiContent has problems, and it could spell big problems.

Personally, I have 3 sites down due to this vulnerability.. and it has cost me a lot of time to clean up, let along the loss of confidence by my clients in the FlexiContent.

I have read a few other posts with concerns about release / update schedules, and I have to agree.. things need to happen more regularly... at least announcing information like this.. I mean this is nessasary information for anyone running FC!

I understand that Emmanuel does this for free, and why things take time (and I think he does an amazing job), but if security problems show up, even just in included 3rd party 'parts' and the community is not informed, then the people will loose confidence in the product, and without the community using it, there wont be a FlexiContent ( and that would be terrible )

Can I suggest, on the FC homepage, that a BIG notice is placed about the problem and how to fix it. I have already had to move one client to K2 as the host will not allow me to reinstall FC!! (They're not a great host but the clients choice so nothing I can do) and I would hate for more people to have problems like this.

Anyway, mainly a big thank you for the link.. but thought I would share my thoughts.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11715 by micker
thanks for this return !
we need to improved the develloper team, we need free time devellopper to clean bug tracker and resolved some security update (it's also be a exterieur script phpthumb, mootools compatibilty etc)
if you have a litle time please help us and insert your correction in SVN
i am not a dev, i just offerd my time to help anybody in forum, sorry
Try to send a MP with your message at MANU
Thanks for your confiance in flexicontent

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 4 months ago #12200 by jwwicks
Hello,

I posted the fix to the project issue, code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... tail?id=85 , on google and I'd love to help out but how do I contact Emmanuel?

Jw

More
13 years 4 months ago #12226 by micker
try by MP

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline