[solved] Flexicontent not compatible with php 5.3.2

More
13 years 9 months ago #8315 by lexxy2000
I get this error ever i access flexicontent on the frontend with an article published did a little google and found that it a function that was in php 4 and not is 5 and is not backwards compatible.
here is the erroe
Code:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/xxxxx/public_html/components/com_flexicontent/views/category/view.html.php on line 173

here is what i found

The issue has to do with PHP 5.2+ breaking certain backward-compatibility of converting a PHP 'object' to a text string. You either need to downgrade below 5.2, or the code where the error occurs needs to be 'properly fixed' to address the change (the fixes should then work on any version...)

any help is much appreciated to resolve this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8344 by lexxy2000
Any suggestions on this or possiblity of me rewriting the line of code and getting the same result if possible. I have no idea where to start kinda frustrated been waiting so long for this just another hurdle I guess.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8355 by micker
hello use the bug tracker (the project entry)to notice this error
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8382 by lexxy2000
I actually its in the bug tracker issue 40 posted june 19, 2010 with no reply status is low and really needs to be high.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8383 by micker
hello
it's an open source project be patient
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8515 by lexxy2000
after pulling my hair out and going bald if not php but ijoomla seo plugin that is the problem.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline