Choosing Flexi vs K2 vs Jseblod vs Mighty Resources vs ZOO 2

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #8483 by sparky
I would like to start a discussion about what the real strengths are of the different joomla CCK components are. These should be observations that, for example, might prevent someone making a mistake by choosing the wrong component for the job etc.

I will edit this first post as people add their feedback and experiences to the posts below.

Here are the combined observations:
1) JSedblod is not easy to understand, however it is flexible and powerful
2) front end editing is available in jseblod using either the native Joomla "edit" icon directly or using the jSeblod CCK frontend manager (thanks bestaflek).
3) K2 has good front end editing

Finally, I want to thank Vistamedia for creating a phenomenal component. I've developed drupal sites, wordpress, and Joomla with K2 and jseblod too. I have now selected yours for working with client sites. I am very excited of the possibilities. You are a great pioneer, Emmanuel!
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sparky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8508 by bestaflek
Hi Sparky,

Sorry but your information are bad about jSeblod CCK.

It has editing and posting features.

And...

You can use the Joomla edit icon directly or use the jSeblod CCK frontend manager.

Best Regards

More
13 years 9 months ago #8511 by kenmcd
There are already a few threads in the Joomla forum discussing and comparing the various CCK components.

That is probably a better place for a comparison discussion as you will not find many other alternative CCK component users here in the FLEXIcontent forum as you will find there in the Joomla forum.

Same goes for the alternative CCK component forums.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8512 by sparky
Okay sounds good :)

Where do you suggest I move it to - please provide a url?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8514 by kenmcd
Just search the Joomla Extensions forums for those names and a number of threads will be listed.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8520 by Rehne
here ia a Joomla CCK Comparison Spreadsheet

spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline