Fields disappear and more than 2 images can't be placed...

More
14 years 3 months ago #2982 by Linuus

ullits wrote: The greyd out and locked file is again available here 10 hours later...
it can be handled like the others...
Doesn't really know what happened here... strange...

Only one user can edit an item/article at the same time in Joomla. Sometimes it might gets messed up. If it does, try to go to Tools->Global Checkout and reset them :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2991 by ullits
Hey Linuus...
I'm aware of that only one person can edit at post at a time, but at the moment i was the only one logged on with the correct rigths to do this... therefor I think it's strange...
I logged off and on again several times to see if this would correct the problem, and it doesn't ..
so i logged off and went back aprox. 10 hours later and then it was available for editing again..
so?
I will be focusing on this and will take it up once more if it will be a problem again..

To the other incident about the template and the problem with only 2 images accepted...
I have worked a bit with this template, it's the default one...
If i set it up to be using 2 colomns, then the right column witch holds the text, don't fill the frame/column out with it, all the text stays at the left and holds only a with about 10-15 characters...
I don't know if this is a problem for others or it can be connected with the problem i have with the images and the default description placeholder, but thought i would mention it .. if it could be connected to this..
Thanks for your input..

More
14 years 3 months ago #2992 by Linuus

ullits wrote: Hey Linuus...
I'm aware of that only one person can edit at post at a time, but at the moment i was the only one logged on with the correct rigths to do this... therefor I think it's strange...
I logged off and on again several times to see if this would correct the problem, and it doesn't ..
so i logged off and went back aprox. 10 hours later and then it was available for editing again..
so?

Yes, but it has happened to me as well. With the standard Joomla articles.
I guess there is some session that has not been logged out so Joomla thinks someone is editing the item and locks it. If it happens again, try the Global Checkout I wrote about.
Regarding the 10 hours later, perhaps the session had expired or something.

This is the explanation I got when I had the same issue :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #2995 by ullits
Ok, Thks..
I will memorize this... and try it out if it appears again...

More
14 years 3 months ago #3060 by orchid1
sorry had my teeth pulled out OUCH :shock:
I'm nack for now
have to go to the dentist again tomorrow though and get some more work

I'm testing this out right now
will post back in an hour or so to see if I have any of the same troubles. Sorry for the delay

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #3061 by ullits
this is one of the worst paines at all, and is only remembering how painful it is when it's going on...
Good luck at the dentist tomorrow...

I'm happy that you will look into this, and don't hurry... and no stress about this..

But i'm excited to hear if you can get it to work with more fields and get them stay at the default places.. and also if you can recall the problem...
Tia
Jørn

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline