[bug] Fields stopped working when I updated FLEXIcontent

More
14 years 1 month ago #4979 by Olinad
I updated FLEXIcontent on my website from version 1.5.1 to version 1.5.2 and while the site kept on displaying correctly, I couldn't add anything in the backend: image fields didn't manage to load new images nor use the ones that were already in FLEXIcontent's files directory, files fields loaded correctly but didn't save the infos, returning blank right after having been edited. The description field refused to save the data written on it too... I had to uninstall FLEXIcontent and install it back, and it now displays files fields and description fields properly, while the image fields keep on being useless. I also lost all the data I wrote on those fields, and it wouldn't be that ugly if I could actually write them back again!

I'll probably create a new site from the ground up to use with FLEXIcontent and leave the current one using com_content, but I think this should be looked into...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5286 by kspoddar
Olinad - I have the same problem too. Is the solution going back to the beta version?

Cheers!
Kirti

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #5297 by Anonymous
I Have the same problem and i think it's related to the version control.
I had version control disabled but then i noticed that when i changed the fields this time the version was changing.
So I enabled version control and was able to recover my lost data.

However I really don't want version control, and this is definitely a bug in need of an urgent fix. I will look into the code and see if I can find the cause.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5299 by vistamedia
Yep,
The issue is related to the version control which can't be disabled in this release, we fixed that in the trunk and a new release will be available next week (with some other little fixes) ;)
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #5300 by Anonymous
Hi,
I checked out the SVN, and saw that you guys fixed the probs on tuesday. However, I just want to note, that although the issue is fixed with the description, the custom fields still disapear unless I press the
"Add the items current versions" buttons on the control pannel.
Just wanted to let you guys know in case you didn't...
Peace

More
14 years 1 month ago #5308 by kspoddar
Does it mean that we should await the new release till next week?

Cheers!
Kirti

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline