[Fixed in r1473] Category Pagination broken With sh404sef

More
11 years 6 months ago #28229 by fmgoodwin
Since update to the latest flexi, the pagination links at the bottom of my category lists are wrong.

For example,

worldnewstrust.com/all-items/edited/

the numbers at the bottom for pages 2,3,4 link to:

worldnewstrust.com/all-items/edited/page-1

The numbers for pages 5,6,7 link to:

worldnewstrust.com/all-items/edited/page-2

etc.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please advise

Thanks, Francis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #28239 by ggppdk
I just tested in my local copy and pagination is working with SH404SEF is working

-- Is your FLEXIcontent category using a custom older FLEXIcontent template?

-- Can you clean SH404SEF cache and try again?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 6 months ago #28262 by fmgoodwin
ggppdk: I should have made clear, I'm using version 1.5.6 RC8 (r1465).

I cleared the sh404sef cache again and tried the default category template. Same result.

I'm doubting this is a template issue, per se. But, I don't understand how pagination works enough to see the problem clearly.

Here's the source code for the pagination area of a page with the issue. All I can see is that "Page-1" is being assigned to more than one "title." Same with "Page-2"

<!-- BOF pagination -->
<div class="pageslinks">
<ul class="pagination"><li>Start</li><li>Prev</li><li>1</li><li><strong> 2 </strong></li><li><strong> 3 </strong></li><li><strong> 4 </strong></li><li><strong> 5 </strong></li><li><strong> 6 </strong></li><li><strong> 7 </strong></li><li><strong> 8 </strong></li><li><strong> 9 </strong></li><li><strong> 10 </strong></li><li><strong> Next </strong></li><li><strong> End </strong></li></ul> </div>
<p class="pagescounter">
Page 1 of 145 </p>
<!-- EOF pagination -->

Francis

More
11 years 6 months ago #28263 by fmgoodwin
A sh404sef developer discusses a very similar pagination issue in 2010 that cropped up when Joomla released 1.5. Maybe a clue.

(scroll down for developer post)

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=474839

More
11 years 6 months ago #28298 by ggppdk
I have a thought

we should allow the limit, limistart variables in the URL this would fix the problem, i ll test in your site, i don't think that having these variables is bad since they can often change and we should not rely on them having a specific "step"

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 6 months ago #28299 by ggppdk
Please resend me a PM admin access to the site since i am deleting the PM messages after some time

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline