mod_flexigooglemap - use addresses from existing fields

More
4 years 10 months ago #76723 by horsey
Hi there, long time no see.
I just played around with the mod_flexigooglemap and would like to create a map based on 2 already existing text fields. One holds the street address, the other the zip code and the city. Is there any way to concatenate them into a map field? If not, that would be a nice feature. You already seem to have the reverse case, though. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #76724 by micker
hello
1 create a address field
2 link part field (address field) to your field
3 in your googlemap use the address field

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #76726 by horsey
Hi, thanks, how would I link the fields? In prefix, suffix, like {{fieldname1##0}},{{fieldname2##0}}?
I tried that, but it doesn't produce the values in the address field.

I even get "Oops! Something went wrong." if I enter an address manually in the field.

Stupid question: Do i need a payed plan with Google to use this at all?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by horsey.

More
4 years 10 months ago #76735 by micker
in address field in last tab config "Properties as Fields"
=> Store properties as fields
you can "map" a basic field inside an address field

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #76736 by horsey
Thanks, but it won't work and I'm giving up for now. Its rather confusing, from the description in the interface it says, that properties created in the address field could be stored in other FC fields, not the other way around. I also couldn't pick a textarea field, only one liner text fields. I got my street addresses in a textarea.

For an unformatted entry, to search for a map location, the street with number, then a comma, and then zip and city should be sufficient.
Anyway, the only output I get in the address field is "Oops! Something went wrong". Never mind ...

E.T.A.

Ha, I tried it on one address and it overwrote the field I picked, so its not working the way you suggested, rather the other way round, sorry to say!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by horsey.

More
4 years 10 months ago #76739 by micker
after link item you need to re save item i think

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline