Joomfish 2.5.1 and FLEXIcontent 2.0.1

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34644 by scorpion_pt
This is a little Tuto how we manage to have Joomfish running successfully with FLEXI. We hope this works for you too:

1. If you haven't done it yet, install Joomfish 2.5.1
    Confirm if the Joomfish plugins are in the correct order.
    For that go to
Extension Manager/Plug-in Manager
The plugin order must be:

Joomfish - Basic Router
Joomfish - Database Abstraction Layer
Joomfish - Core overrides
Joomfish - Inline translations mapping

If you have to change the order, first click Ordering, set new order and click the diskette icon to save.
I like to give a negative number to this kind of plugins - in this case -5, -4, -3 and -2. To make sure that they are the firsts being processed.

2. Go to Module Manager
Unpublish the default Language Switcher Module,
Publish the JoomFish Language Selector at the desired template position.

3. Content translation
    Translate Items using FLEXI way, duplicating it to the desired language, bearing in mind that if you want localized and nice urls you must translate the alias too.
    We find that for this to work the original item should be stored in the site primary language. We know that everyone say to set this as ALL, we are ok with that, this works for use.
Translate menus and modules with joomfish.

3. Menus translation
    Translate with joomfish not forgetting the alias, so you have the path translated too
IMPORTANT:For avoiding link problems with single items point the link directly to the translated content item(DONT leave the original)

4. Modules Translation
    As usual with Joomfish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34648 by micker
great !!! thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34662 by ggppdk
Thanks for return, micker can you copy this into a FAQ article?

I want to say to everyone using SVN , please extract r1654 which is stable ,

r1655+ is work in progree and may have issues with installation and parameter overriding

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34666 by micker
Ok no problem

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34667 by micker
a little question scorpion
for you what is the best way to translate field ?

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34742 by scorpion_pt

ggppdk wrote: Thanks for return...

My pleasure :)

ggppdk wrote: I want to say to everyone using SVN , please extract r1654 which is stable , r1655+ is work in progree and may have issues with installation and parameter overriding

That's bad news :(
I've upgraded to r1656 before reading your post and found impossible to add new translations and strange...
I've rolled back and tested again with r1654 and new translations are broken too!!.
Flexi returns:
Code:
1 items successfully copied and moved.
But only some data is saved to _content table and I can see this error/notice:
Code:
/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/items/tmpl/copy.php on line 45, referer: http://www.website.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items
Flexi its also not binding translations to categories, I think.

I think its best to have as reference now r1656 and work from here to have a stable version with translation working. You can count on me for testing ASAP ;)

micker wrote: a little question scorpion
for you what is the best way to translate field ?

In my test site with r1656 we cant, for now, as you read above.

With Items already generated I can confirm:
Translated Field Label via Joomfish works ok;
Content item translation with fields works ok within Flexi and display correctly in frontend.

Hope this helps as we need this in every site we implement now.

[EDIT] I've created a new clean installation with Joomla 2.5.9 / FLEXIcontent r1654.

Three(3) problems araise:
  • Copy/move don't work
  • Translate don't work
  • Copying/translating shows - Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/website/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/items/tmpl/copy.php on line 45
  • Nothing displayed within items list.

If I logout and login again:
  • Flexi asks to bind the previously created items
  • Items are unpublishd, no author and only have category cause I assigned it when asked by Flexi

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline