Text wrap Image in Blog Category (lead story)

More
14 years 3 months ago #2703 by ThatComputerDude
www.joomgo.com/clients/monroeV3/golf

I've got the image set to Left in the configuration but how can I have the text of the article wrap around the image so that the image is not on top of the text?

Kind of like it is here for the leading story:
www.joomgo.com/clients/monroeV3/football

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2710 by orchid1
Hello it appears your URL's are no longer up I got 401 errors.
Can you post some new URL's :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #2739 by ThatComputerDude
Sorry for that, I was making changes last night.

Here is the example of how I'd like it to look:
www.joomgo.com/clients/monroeV3/ ... -a-council
(this is using the default Joomla Category Blog Style view)

Here is the FlexiContent Category view that needs customized to match:
www.joomgo.com/clients/monroeV3/ ... nts/police

Again, thanks for any help - I'm new and learning this great new component. Had a great conversation with Emmanuel this morning and am very excited.

I'm spending all day today looking at the default and blog template to see how easy it is to customize and make new templates but will probably be asking a lot of questions.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2742 by kenmcd
Your example page is not the "the default Joomla Category Blog Style view."
That view/style is from the output overrides included in your template.

You would need to merge those changes with your FLEXIcontent templates (or overrides).

More
14 years 3 months ago #2743 by ThatComputerDude
You are correct and I should have been more clear.

I mean about how the text is wrapped around the image which is placed to the left of the article. The styling I can handle through CSS like the template did to customize the Category Blog View.

I apologize not being more specific. What I want to know how to do is wrap the text around the image in the FlexiContent Category View with editing the Blog template (which I can then build a new template to get the 1 leading and 3 column secondary stories). Also, to get the publish date and author name under the title and not under the image.

And make the Category title the Content heading and not just a <h> title on the page - which I'm working on now with customizing the category.php template file (I think is hte right one), unless it's the category_item.php page or category_category.php.... I'm going through all template files right now to get familiar with them and learn how to template this component.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2745 by kenmcd
Took a quick look.
Pretty easy to get the text on the right in the leading article, but the title is a problem.
The DIVs in the example page have been reordered/nested to put the title after the image.
Float the image left and the title, infobox, and text flow.

Yes, the category_items.php file looks like the one to edit.
The DIVs are there.
You will need to reorder the divs and make some separate CSS for the leading title, infobox, etc.
Turn-off that clear:left for the leading article infobox and it should work.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline