RC3 1151 Initial Permissions - Will not update

More
12 years 1 month ago #23324 by jahb38
Hello,

For information, I try to migrate from a 1.5 site to a 2.5.3 with RC3 1151 with SP upgrade.
I have the initial Permissions problem.
To fix it,I copy all admin folder from the SVN to my website and now the Initial Permissions will update. cool :)

Now I m trying to recreate all the categories tree from the 1.5.25 to 2.5.3. the tree is broken with the migration so we are working on a php script to recreate the tree from root.
I have also trying Jupgrade but no more success with the migration...

Thanks
Cyril

W3C2I, Création de sites internet - www.w3c2i.com
Nos réalisations avec Flexicontent :
www.mutuelledefranceplus.fr
www.cree-ma-maison.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23334 by ggppdk
SP upgrade since it DOES NOT alter category/article IDs (right?)

About initial permissions, i have spent quite some time to make sure that initial permission creation is fixed, in later revisions.

Just we do not have a public download yet (very soon, sorry), if you get the current SVN version, initial permission creation will complete successfully, regardless of the state your current permissions.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 month ago #23344 by jahb38
Yes, it does not alter IDs, BUT Joomla 2.5 introduce new categories (hidden, but present in DB) when installing like com_banners, com_contact,com_newsfeeds,com_weblinks. so you must move theses before. There is also a Root category (system extension) to do not move with ID=1.

So, we must recreate the real tree in #__categories with lft, rgt and level to match the old 1.5 Flexi tree and move only first elements in #__categories

yes, the svn work well about initial permission :)

www.cree-ma-maison.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #23354 by ggppdk

jahb38 wrote: So, we must recreate the real tree in #__categories with lft, rgt and level to match the old 1.5 Flexi tree and move only first elements in #__categories

ohh, I forgot about this !!!

The above means that we must create a script for porting the FLEXIcontent category tree to the J1.6-J2.5 category tree.

mmm, now focusing on releasing current version v1.5.6 / v2.0, RC4=final will be public in weekend (even today if i could make it ;) ), and will be officially announced at JoomlaDay 24/25 of march (according to Emmanuel)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 month ago #23418 by jahb38
Good news, I will be at the Joomladay too :)
I will see if we can finish this script to move categories from 1.5 to a 2.5.
Now we can move flexi tree but we have a bug will others roots categories like weblinks, etc...

www.cree-ma-maison.com

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline