Front End Content Submit has hardcoded type id

More
13 years 11 months ago #6798 by sourcecoast
I ran into some problems using the front end content submit today with a typeid other than "1". I'm currently on v1.5.2Stable. I couldn't find any other posts mentioning these problems.

1. Creating a menu item for Item Submission Form has some issues: all of the available types are not shown correctly and the select value's type id is hardcoded to 1. For example - I have types of "RSS feed item" with ID of 1 and "Article" with ID of 2. Only Article showed up in the dropdown for me and with the incorrect ID of 1.

2. Even after fixing the menu typeid with firebug, I still had problems - when submitting a content item from the front-end, the typeid is also hardcoded to 1 in the com_flexicontent/models/items.php store method. I corrected the code using the following snippet: $item->type_id=JRequest::getInt('typeid');

Something to keep in mind to fix for the next version...

-Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline