Observations and suggestions for migrating existing sites

More
14 years 3 months ago #2066 by kenmcd

walt wrote: For those with articles saved as text files, you can modify "Bulk Import" to do the job. I imported 111,000 articles. It took 7 hours to complete, and I had to pause the importing.

@Walt

Could you please attach your modified version of Bulk Import which works with FLEXIcontent?

I am collecting extensions which have been modified to work with FLEXIcontent.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2067 by walt
Of course I will.

I do have some bottlenecks to work out, but it should be here in a few days.

Walt.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2068 by kenmcd

More
14 years 3 months ago #2069 by unleash.it
Kenmcd... and please keep us informed about those extensions. I'm working on a couple myself that only need simple changes, but I'm a little stumped when it comes to producing a flexicontent url that works with SEF enabled. If you or anyone knows how, a tutorial would be much appreciated.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2081 by bsky92
Hi guys

We have been thinking with Emmanuel about lisitng all extensions working with Flexi to have them on the forum, Micker was working on this too, so we'll probably use your hard done job :)

i just opened a new message to have them listed here**Thanks

More
14 years 3 months ago #2092 by walt
I've decided to add some features to Bulk Import where a drop down menu to select one of the following components to import into:
1) FlexiContent
2) K2
3) JomSocial (groups)
4) MyBlog
5) Kunena 1.5.x
6) EventList
7) Acajoom
8) ccMailer

This is going to be a bit of a task, but I think I can do it. The files to be imported MUST BE pure text files, and a pipe "|" must separate various content fields.

I'll do my best to keep you posted, and I do have a day job, so it may be a little while.

Walt.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline