Relation field between fields

More
1 year 10 months ago #82327 by bendeb
Hello,

I thinked about a new feature : a new type of field that work "similar" to relation field, but rather than link to existing items, it links to values of another field.
For example :
- We create a text field (e.g. name : textfield). User can create multiple values (e.g. value1, value2, value3...)
- We create the new request field (e.g. name : newfield) and link it to textfield. Thus, in newfield, user can choose between values of textfield (value1, value2, value3...)
- Of course, if we add a value in textfield, it will be added to allowed values of new field.

I think It will be very handy.

What do you think about this ?

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #82330 by micker
maybe its can be done
did you test textselect field ?
inflexicontent 4 you can set how the select value is construct (existing value, adding value sql) request
with this last feature you can do an sql request in desired table
its a concept but it can works

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
1 year 10 months ago #82332 by bendeb
Thank you very much, it works good
I didn't know we can do this.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

More
1 year 10 months ago #82343 by bendeb
I put here the syntax I use, if it can help others users.
So I create a textselect field.
In field parameters, tab Editing >>> Form field >>> Element mode : I choose SQL query
And I put this in Element value :
SELECT value, value as text FROM #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations WHERE field_id='775' AND item_id='{item->item_id}' AND value != '' GROUP BY value

775 is the linked field.
And {item->item_id} is used to display only the values of this current item. Otherwise, it displayed all values of all users and all items that use field 775, and it was not the behaviour I wanted.

Thank again Micker.

Hope this help.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

More
1 year 10 months ago #82345 by micker
thanks for share solution !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline