Tabs across multiple fields

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36002 by boniaditya
I had to create tabs on the front end and each tab must contain a field.I tried to accomplish this using nonumber tabs plugin.
For example it should be something like this

{tab=firsttab}//This is the prefix to the field18
field18
{tab=secondtab}//This is the prefix to the field19
field19
//This is the suffix to the last field

I tried this but it places each field in a separate tabset not all the fields in one tabset.

Instead of this ...
first tab::second tab:: thirdtab
content

I get this....
first tab
content
second tab
content
thrid tab

How can i apply my tags across multiple fields so that all of them appear in one tabset
Does the group marker field help???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36004 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Tabs across multiple fields
Hello,

1. Form Groupmarker field s for creating fieldsets, tabsets, custom HTML separators in the item form

2. FLEXIcontent frontend category/item template layouts already have tabbed positions, why not use these?
(and style them with CSS)
How to customize CSS styles of FLEXIcontent

3. The usage of nonumber TABs is document seem to be:

Tab Title 1

Your text...

For this you should check again the Nonumber documentation

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36006 by boniaditya
It is not just about No number. It is related to a such scenario in general where you have apply the tags across multiple tags.
Yes the no number syntax is what you have stated above but he also gave an option to change it to {tab=tab1}
Either way I tried using group markers but i am really confused.
So using the group market i tried to do something like this - The concern is about the placement of the tags...
Where should i put them??? i mean in which group marker???

Tabset: Start//

tab1

or should i leave this empty???
Tab: Open //
here ??

Tabset: End // or should i place it in this group marker??
Could you please guide me on this one the combinations are too heavy to try each one of them separately and check

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36008 by ggppdk
Hello,

Tags ? Tabs? or Tags and Tabs?

you want to split the tags field ? i do not want to comment on the need of this but showing a single link per tab is user friendly?

Also, this is possible only using custom PHP code and it is not recommended that you do this

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36009 by boniaditya
I understand your point but what does the groupmarker tab set start end and all that stuff do??? Do they create tabs in the front end or in the item form. I am really trying hard to understand the group marker field sets and tab sets. I don't really know how to use them or find a scenario where i can use them except this one.
And about your concern
We are not going to show a single link per user tab
Each tab will contain a field in it.
Let's say a text area in the first tab, a multi select in the next. Options would be more if it is done this way. I am really trying hard to figure out the use of the Group marker ever since the first time i installed Flexi Content. Sad to say i do not understand why it is really used. I did understand the separator though. I read the documentation related to it atleast ten times but i need to see an application to understand it!

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36010 by ggppdk
Hello,
you mentioned the word "ta-B-s" and then "ta-G-s", like you want to split up the ta-G-s field

OK lets forget about ta-G-s

1. Form Groupmarker field s for creating fieldsets, tabsets, custom HTML separators
--- > in the item form item form only !!

2. FLEXIcontent frontend category/item template layouts already have tabbed positions, why not use these?
(and style them with CSS if you want)

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds