Editing mod_globalnews

More
14 years 4 months ago #1855 by Olinad
Hi,
I'm using mod_globalnews and I'd like keeping it in a part of my site (so don't tell me to change module pls...). Anyway, I'd like it to show in each category not only the articles that are in that category "natively" (i.e. that category is their main one) but also articles for whom that is a secondary category.

To make it shorter, I'd like creating a videogames webiste. I have some main categories, for example PS3 and XBOX360. If I share a piece of news about Assassin's Creed 2, that came out for both the consoles, I want it to be displayed in both the categories by this module. I created a new category, multiplatform, and used it as the main category for the article. Then I selected PS3 and XBOX360 as secondary categories. Anyway, the module doesn't display the articles under the two categories chosen as secondary. Is there any way of fixing this, module-side or flexicontent-side?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2317 by Olinad
Replied by Olinad on topic Editing mod_globalnews
Please at least tell me you have no intention to look into this for me XD

More
14 years 3 months ago #2324 by devil
Replied by devil on topic Editing mod_globalnews
Hi,

give me a link to the modul (download) and i will take a look...

best regards
Markus

Joomla-Aktuell - www.joomla-aktuell.de

More
14 years 3 months ago #2333 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Editing mod_globalnews

More
14 years 3 months ago #2335 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Editing mod_globalnews
Is it not what the next module Emmanuel and his team are working not is supposed to do?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2466 by Olinad
Replied by Olinad on topic Editing mod_globalnews

bsky92 wrote: Is it not what the next module Emmanuel and his team are working not is supposed to do?

I dunno, but anyway looking into modifying existing modules to have FLEXIcontent's primary/secondary category support would be kinda useful, I guess...

yopyop001 wrote: Hi,

I think it's this one :

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...y/frontend-news/4576

Best regards

Yes, that's the one. Anyway, I made a little bit of editing on the one I'm using, but they don't affect the way the news are taken from the categories... so that should be just fine. Thank you, devil, if you're willing to look into it :) Just let me know if you can work something out, or if you just gave up :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline