[solved] Can not enable custom plugin

More
12 years 4 months ago #21604 by jdc18
Hi,

In a previous project (a year ago) I created a custom plugin. Which I hacked from the images plugin and text plugin that allowed me to have and upload multiple images in one field.
I never created and install.xml file I only created 3 files called imagemultiple.php, imagemultiple.xml and imagemultiple.js (which had some features on javascript for it to work). Then I went directly to the database table jos_plugins and manually added the fields, calling it multipleimage.
I dont remember if I have to add the plugin in another part of the database, and/or modify another table.
Now I am trying to do the same with another project, but it is not working.
First in the "Edit Fields" page, the "Field specific properties" are empty. There is nothing there, it seems like it is not reading the xml file.
Second in the "Edit item" page I receive this message,

I found another post that said something about deleting cache, but I didnt work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21608 by ggppdk
You probably have not renamed all names, variable, and string constants !!!

Check carefully at
1. the plugin filenames
2. inside your plugin source code, the class name and other variable names and constants
3. at the top of the plugin functions (used to implement events) we have an -IF- statement that checks plugin type, there you probably forgot to change the string constant that is compared to plugin type
e.g. so if you forgot this for function "onDisplayField()" the result will be that the function returns nothing, no html to display a form field in the item edit form.

This will have the effect of the message you see in the item edit form, that says to you to publish the plugin.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #21614 by jdc18
Yeap, I was using both an old backup and wrote the name wrong imagemulptiple instead of imagemultiple. Sorry I have being coding the same projects for days.

Something kind of off topic,

If I clean the code do you think it is something someone here might be interested. N* images in one field
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by jdc18.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21615 by ggppdk
mmm, you want to contribute back to the project?

your field has
- multiple image selection like the minigallery field?
- plus attributes like title, description, etc like the image field?
- and it displays a list of thumbnails that open in pop-up?

I think what you suggest could be a separate field or be merged with the mini gallery field, we have plans of adding more attributes to the minigallery and allowing different appearances in it, e.g. appearance of displaying thumbnails that open in popup instead of always having appearance of a slideshow with thumbnails.

yes this is something missing and would be very useful

NOTE: the image field of v1.5.6 version, has quite a few bug-fixes and enhancements, e.g. it has a new function to detect need for rebuilding icons if configuration is changed and also more parameters for controlling behavior, if you want you could merge the new abilities and fixes to your field or i would do it if you contribute back to the project.

NOTE: In v1.5.5+ we have a very powerful module for displaying items (with scopes for selecting items, ability to skip items, and ability of using templates, etc).
Currently i am improving the module, (i need this for a project): adding more scopes, improving the "news" template of the module and adding a new template called "carousel" template (=imagine the powerful scopes of the module combined with a slideshow template that displays items!).

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21616 by micker
great news dev plugin !! welcom on board

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 4 months ago #21630 by jdc18
I haven't use flexicontent in a while and I didnt even see the minigallery field, (maybe it was fromthe start but I never saw it). Awesome.
My plugin allows to have thumbnails and watermarks like the regular image plugins.
It just has few extra options, and you can sort them out like the text fields when the have the multiple options. I once used an image slider with it.

Since my first project with flexicontet I have always thought about making something called flexiImages. Something that lets you manage your images, create the categories to show, instead of using and external image galleries. Recreate thumbnails, etc.

This is the file of the plugin.
www.megafileupload.com/en/file/337273/imagemultiple-tar-gz.html
I still have to clean the code and make it smaller maybe. The delete and remove are still kidn of buggy. But there are work arounds and you can sort the order of the images.

Also I always thought about using template like we use for items, but for the image plugin, so there is no need to hack the plugin to make it look the way you want to.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline