Stable version?

More
14 years 3 months ago #3380 by Linuus
Stable version? was created by Linuus
Hi!

Although this is a super component it has its flaws. The good thing is that most of the flaws should be fixed in the upcoming releases of FLEXIcontent.

I have seen that the releases are running a bit late and that's fine. It's better to have a great product from scratch but a little late rather than having something with lots of bugs but in time.

However, my opinion is that the developers needs to communicate a bit more. Recently there has been a lack in communication regarding the upcoming releases. They are pretty important and vital for many users and we're waiting eagerly :)

Of course I know you have lots of stuff to do and not enough time, but a comment in the forum or on the frontpage would be enough and shouldn't take that much time.

"We are having difficulties with the development due to sickness..." or "The release is running late. It will be released in the end of february..." Would be enough. We don't need an exact date. We only need something so we can plan our own projects a bit, that rely on this amazing component called FLEXIcontent.

Cheers! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3395 by gobezu
Replied by gobezu on topic Stable version?
Linuus, I couldn't agree with you more

In the same spirit I have made some remarks in the most recent blog posts and also sent a PM to the main developer, don't hold your breath there as I received 0 words back

A mighty odd behavior, but I guess they have decided not to say a word before the release so yelling will not help. But the handling is just contrary to what has become commonplace in product development and how one keeps the community abreast developments. Look at joomlaworks/k2 for instance, they didn't have and does still not have the FEATURE COMPLETE pkg and yet they keep on growing and drumming along the way, everybody seem happy. And then you have many other extensions under heavy development, so development is by far something unique and new for Flexicontent.

Besides why don't they make an svn access available?

And as a last point, what the heck, even if its open-source, isn't it meant to be used to something of meaning? So, isn't then being kept accountable part of it? The main reason I go on with this is that I have seen far too many promising extensions die out and I really hope this isn't the case here.

Please keep it up dear developers, show up and communicate slightly more, maybe a single tweet/day and you will see that it will all be of positive experience for Flexicontent.

Take good care!

More
14 years 2 months ago #3416 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Stable version?
I am not a developper and can not speak about when this the stable version will be out, but I know that the team is working on it, and the project is not going to die.

Right now, 90% of the component is working fine, what you - and for a little part me - now want are some extra features, which for some of you may be vital to implement the component, but do not keep a lot of people to use Flexicontent.

So just be patient a little longer, Manu is pretty busy with a lot ot things right now, be it real life projects and issues and software works.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3451 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Stable version?
Yes, the component is amazing as it is and it will become even better :) I'm sure of that.

I just think that when a component get as much attention as this has and the developers is late with a release and says nothing for 3 weeks it may confuse people. ;)

Releases are often late and that's fine. I know it's hard to keep the deadlines...believe me ;) All we want is some word from someone developing the component (or at lease have some insight).

I just really love the component and wants it nothing but an amazing future! That's why I think a tweet, a comment in the forum or something would keep the eagerly waiting users happy. :) Especially when the release is a little late.

And there are three developers? Am I right?
I'm sure at least one of them can set a minute aside to write a small update here.

To wrap up. Keep up the good work! We really love the component, and you! 8-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3462 by Olinad
Replied by Olinad on topic Stable version?
Just knowing that they are still working on the project is good news :D But what about the module? Emmanuel said it was ready and it just needed some basic designs to be released with. If he doesn't have time to end the module's development, I could lend a hand... and start the module translation before it gets launched, also XD I sent Emmanuel a pm a couple of weeks ago but he didn't answer, I guess his pm inbox is really crowded so I won't think of it as a personal offence, but if you (bsky92) can reach him in any way (cell phone, e-mail, msn, pm or whatever) please do let him know there's people willing to help with little, easy things like templates or such :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3479 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic Stable version?
I know I'm very late but everything must be out at the same time: Module + FLEXIcontent + FLEXIaccess because they have common methods.
We are not far away but there's still some work to finish on it.
This month in any case but it's impossible to say when...
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline