<CLOSED> Restrict tags shown by category

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #8431 by rjpalermo
I would like to have the tags in the tag cloud only show what is in the flexicontent category I create for my products and services. For example, I have a website selling cars, boats and trains. In the car category I would like to have the tag cloud show tags I assign specific for cars category (ferarri, audi, ford, coupe, truck, sedan, SUV, 2 door, 4 door, sunroof, convertable, etc.). When my boat shoppers are in the BOAT category the tag cloud would show all boat specific tags for items in that category (Yahama, Ski-Doo, cabin, pontoon, bass, water-ski, cruise, etc.).

Can this be accomplished, has anyone tried it and if not, does it look at first glance to be a pain in the butt to get working?

If doable or simple code change (I'll pay if reasonable) can I have the tag cloud narrow down in sub-categories? For example, in cars if they click on the Ferarri TAG the ferarri subcategory tag cloud will only return the tags that are specific to the Ferarri sub-category (red, yellow, 599 GTB Fiorino, 430, new, used).

This is an important feature I want in my site. Please help...?

Best regards,
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by rjpalermo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8584 by micker
hello maybe you can do an Mp tu vistamedia in order to have proposition for devellping
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 10 months ago #8593 by rjpalermo
Thanks. I'm considering my options now.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8601 by micker
with pleasure
regards !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline