[solved]Module display in v2.1.0 r1781 in J3.1

More
10 years 6 months ago #40733 by norm1973
Hi. I am starting out using Flexicontent - thanks for the component! :D

I am having trouble with the Universal Module and getting it to display. I must be missing something simple but I am not getting it yet.

Site is Joomla 3.1.5 on localhost/Xampp. Flexicontent version 2.1.0 r1778. Template Protostar, fluid layout.
Maxi CK menu is being used for the main menu - no other add ons.

I have set up a category which contains three items in blog layout. I have set the module to display on the page of the menu item for the category in position three (top). Module is published.

The only display is the module title and I can get some of the display features to work such as category title and "more category items" but the main model display i.e. news or carousel, etc is not showing. However. the news or caroussel CSS file is loading into the site but nothing showing up.

The only config changes made with the module itself from default are currently: Layout: Carousel, Menu Item to Activate: Current, Category Scope: Include category (of the menu item), items in the same category. As mentioned I can get some of the display atributes to work. All other scope items are left as default.

This config, from my understanding, should show items from the current category in a carousel display (or news etc) however - no display at all.

Appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #40746 by Rooney
I have a similar experience. I am currently migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3.1. I have some Universal Modules that show links to articles from a specified category. In 2.5 it works. In 3.1 only the module header is shown but no item links. I compared the settings and they are exactly the same for the modules in both Joomla versions...
Has something else changed in the module setup?
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
10 years 6 months ago #40810 by Rooney
Hi, has nobody else this issue? After updating to Joomla 3.1.5 I am not able to display a Universal Module that shows a couple of item links from a specified category. The module worked in Joomla 2.5. Whatever I try to setup in the module, I can't get it to work!
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
10 years 6 months ago #40954 by ggppdk
Hello

it seems i missed this thread,

about Javascript error,
this is related to the loading of Jquery:
- update to latest v2.1.0 r1781
- use jQueryEasy to make sure jQuery is loaded propery

about item list being empty which filtering SCOPEs are enabled?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #40972 by ggppdk
Hello

please apply this fix to (r1781), edit:
modules/mod_flexicontent/helper.php

replace line: (about 1461)
Code:
$content = $db->loadResultArray(0);
with:
Code:
$content = FLEXI_J16GE ? $db->loadColumn(0) : $db->loadResultArray(0);

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41180 by norm1973
Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply and rapid handling.

I have now installed com_flexicontent_v2.1.1_r1792_J25_J31
and all functions of the module are now working, including display.

Norm

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline