Getting all articles with the same tags

More
10 years 5 months ago #42143 by hede
How do I set up the UM to display all articles with the same tags of the current article? I tried the
Tags scope
to "Include" but with that I get the error message:

WARNING: Misconfigured tags scope, select at least one tag or set tags scope to ALL

... but I dont want to neither limit the display to certain tags nor get ALL articles. I want the articles with the same tags.

And second, where do I specify if the UM displays articles with the exact match (all tags must match) or with at least on match?

Cheers

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44287 by ggppdk
Hello

this sub-forum does not appear to "active topics" so we missed answering this thread,
- we have corrected forum permissions

About your question:
1. you do use the "Tags scope", instead go to "Item scope"
2. and set "Behaviour (**)" to "Related items(common tags)"
-- NOTE: do not set "Method" (let it be "ALL") because it is not used when Behaviour (**) is non-static

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44301 by hede
Thanks, that setup works for the tags.

Where do I specify whether the UM displays articles with the exact match (all tags must match) or with at least one match?

cheers

More
10 years 3 months ago #44318 by ggppdk

hede wrote: Thanks, that setup works for the tags.

Where do I specify whether the UM displays articles with the exact match (all tags must match) or with at least one match?

Match all tags, that would be uncommon, or is it common in your website

this is possible to implement but it may be slow in large sites, now there is no option/parameter to do this

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 3 months ago #44321 by hede
"Match all tags" would make the displayed items much more relevant because it narrows down the related items significantly and hence displays more relevant items on my site.

This goal could probably be achieved by setting up categories, but categories need a lot more planing and are not as flexible.

cheers

More
10 years 3 months ago #44322 by ggppdk
Hello

so maybe it is not about matching all tags,

1. it is about matching as many tags as possible
2. and ordering by items with most matched tags

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline