Custom filed not displaying in the beggining of the category

More
5 years 9 months ago #74043 by sotiris
Yes its true i am using the search activated in categories settings and assigning there the custom fields.
I have found a solution for this by assigning the articles in multiple categories for example the article is assigned in Root category,subcategory 1 and then subcategory2.This way the custom fields is displayed everywhere in this 3 categories.
Advance search on the other hand doesnt have this problem it took in mind all articles and categories in search without having the problem to use multicategories.
What i want to do is build a database based on a root category named DB have 3 main subcategories and then in this 3 subcategories have another subcategories based on subject and then the articles.
Do you thing this is the best approach so a viewer can filter anytime anywhere he want even in root category for the subject he is looking for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #74070 by ggppdk
Hello

instead of assigning items (articles) in parent categories

- edit the configuration of the category and enable the display of subcategory items

you can do the above for all categories in component configuration, thus it will effect all categories with "Use Global"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline