Order fields on input form and non-editable per user

More
13 years 8 months ago #10214 by Vogglz
Hi,

I am trying to accomplish the following:

- Setting a specific order of the fields when shown on the input form (frontend/backend). I tried to do this by changing the order of fields at the backend overview (field configuration), but it does not seem to work.

- disallow certain user(groups) with FlexiAccess to edit some fields. Disallowing to view works fine, but they still show up when editing/creating an item. I want them to be able to see a field in the template, but hide it when they edit the item.

Hope you guys can help, thank you.

Regards,

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10218 by micker

Vogglz wrote: - Setting a specific order of the fields when shown on the input form (frontend/backend). I tried to do this by changing the order of fields at the backend overview (field configuration), but it does not seem to work.

clean your cache and try
a template systeme for front end is in plan but no date

Vogglz wrote: - disallow certain user(groups) with FlexiAccess to edit some fields. Disallowing to view works fine, but they still show up when editing/creating an item. I want them to be able to see a field in the template, but hide it when they edit the item.

Not possible now but in future with flexiaccess it maybe possible (add this request in good forum)

Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 8 months ago #10223 by Vogglz
Hi,

thanks for the reply. Clean cache does not work, it still orders the fields in the form based on ID, not by field Ordering. I will change this behavior manually if I can by customizing the SQL statement, could you point me to the right file to do this?

Brilliant component, works very well. I am looking forward to future developments! :mrgreen:

=============
EDIT: I've tried editing flexicontent.fields.php by changing $query in function getItemFields --> ORDER BY fi.ordering.

Still does not work... What am I missing? Which query do I need?

More
13 years 8 months ago #10243 by Vogglz
Excuse the BUMP.

<<<<<<< SOLVED (partially) >>>>>>>

Info for other users with same issue (field ordering in input form):
you can solve this by entering the Fields screen in the backend, filtering the fields by selecting the right type you want to set the ordering for (for example, the default content type), and THEN set the order by changing the arrows of providing index number and saving. The order will only apply to the content type you have filtered it on.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10251 by micker
good information
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #18657 by Rehne
Hi,

great
many thanks

i think
certainly most FC users do not know that
therefore, it would be a good thing
to add a help text/note text (somehow)
in the fieldmanager

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline