restrict file upload field

More
12 years 11 months ago #16082 by gcprnet
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to put together a simple web application with flexicontent. User should be able to type in some data and they must be able to upload a pdf file. Everything works fine but the flexicontent fileupload field is much too powerful for what I need. I don't want users to browse through any directories they must not see, wich files already exist on the server and they must not be able to delete any files on the server. The optimal workflow would be: user clicks on upload button, chooses file from his/her computer to upload and flexicontent generates a link to the file which is stored in a field.
Is this possible and if yes, could anyone pls. point me into the right direction of how to accomplish this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #16085 by micker
Replied by micker on topic restrict file upload field
hello
i think in front it possible
you want to restrict in backend ?
buy flexiaccess to do a rule by user
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 11 months ago #16105 by gcprnet
Replied by gcprnet on topic restrict file upload field
I want to restrict the upload-field in the frontend and I see no way how to do this with flexiaccess.
I already bought flexiaccess months ago but there is still no documentation and so I still have no idea how to do this.
How can I define a role by user that admits authors to use the upload field and probhibits them from browsing, deleting and overwriting files? There is no option to set this up in the flexicontent template, it cant be set up in the menu and in the frontend-settings of flexicontent there is also no way to configure this.
regards

More
12 years 10 months ago #16240 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic restrict file upload field
I also need to do the same sort of thing - in my case, I need to restrict to TXT or DOC type. For a long-term solution, I think a plugin is probably the best way to go (until or unless Flexicontent adds MIME control)

The plugin would be triggered upon upload to check uploaded file's MIME type. This plugin could also allow the administrator to set the allowable MIME types for upload. If the file is an unacceptable MIME type, the plugin would trigger some sort of error. This way, the upload isn't dependent upon changes to the template or core hacks.

But how do I tell the plugin to reject an unacceptable upload, and then get back to the member's entry form without losing data he may have already typed?

UPDATE: You can set MIME types, etc., via Flexicontent parameters! I managed to overlook this somehow. DO'OH!!! :oops:

More
12 years 10 months ago #16245 by micker
Replied by micker on topic restrict file upload field
everybody can code this for community ! ;) :lol:
go go go

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 9 months ago #16895 by gcprnet
Replied by gcprnet on topic restrict file upload field
OK, I managed to integrate this feature into my FlexiContent installation. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea of how to code a plugin so I had do modify some core files and I also misused a database field. All in all not a very clean approach but it works :-)
Whom will I have to contact to get this refined and finally to get this feature added to the regular versions of FlexiContent?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline