Subscription takes a user to LEVEL 2 (f.e.)

More
12 years 9 months ago #17020 by qjaume
Hi,

I need a "procedure" that makes a user to pay for a LEVEL 2 member. I can not find (Docs and FORUM) any information that helps me in this website.

So... I'll have to work on that. Promise that will post the solution... BUT... does anyone have an advice, a path to follow... any ideas?

My options are : virtuemart to pay for subscription or subcription component. In both cases I'll have to "inject" some data (the paid user level) to tables. Or is there any way?

Any help will be great. Thanks for advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #17031 by ggppdk
Hello,

Why don't you use something like:
"Account Expiration Control" (AEC) Component or something similar?

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17037 by micker
I think you can do this with flexiaccess and rule ace
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 9 months ago #17042 by qjaume
Thanks both for the responses.

micker: An expiration control will take the user "unpublished" so he/she can't access to site. I'm trying a "downgrade" from level 2 to level 1.

ggppdk: I'm looking for a guide, documentation or anything that helps me underestand the rules. Any ideas?

Thanks... i'll keep working on that.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17060 by ggppdk
I have not used AEC ("Account Expiration Control" Component), but i am planing on purchasing AEC because it says to be compatible with FlexiAccess and i have read about very good features and heard very good reviews about it.

And i would be very surprised if it disables the user, its description does not say such a thing. The user pays and subscribes to a service e.g. download or content access, etc and when the subscription finishes on a service, you can no longer access the service eg the download service or the content. But you can still login.

Besides if it disabled the user, how could then the user pay to renew his/her subscription(s)???

I have FlexiAccess but have not used AEC yet, i will within month.

I think FlexiAccess with AEC is one of your best choices.

I repeat that i have not used AEC yet.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 9 months ago #17077 by qjaume
Hey... thanks a lot. I'll try it and tell.

Bye!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline