Show multiple categroies on frontpage

More
12 years 7 months ago #19486 by gcprnet
Hi,
for an online magazine I'm looking for a way to display the latest one or two articles of every category on the frontpage. There should also be one main article on the frontpage that changes every day so the whole thing should be set up like this:

On top of the page there is the main article with headline, subheadline, image and teasertext (use of the readmore-tag)

At next there is category 1: Latest article with (small) image, headlines and teasertext followed by a list of links to other latest articles in the same category

At next there is category 2: Latest article with (small) image, headlines and teasertext followed by a list of links to other latest articles in the same category

and so on with all the other categories.

So basically I'm looking for something like gavick news show pro gk4 (unfortunately gavic news show pro does not support images from the flexicontent image fields :-( )

Does anyone have an idea how I could accomplish this with flexicontent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19489 by Rehne
in the new version of FC (>= 1.5.5) there is the universal Flexi Module
ithink, with this one you can implement your request

there is a short explanation
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=3...flexi&rb_v=viewtopic

in the meantime, a lot of bugs already removed
and some new features are added (FC1.5.6beta2)

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19495 by gcprnet
Wow, this looks promising! Thanks a lot for this tip. I'll try this out as soon as I can :-)

More
12 years 7 months ago #19496 by ggppdk
Latest module version along with other new features is included in v1.5.6 beta2. Get here:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

If you are making new site definitely use v1.5.6 beta2
if it is an existing one maybe you need to backup and install v1.5.6 beta2, note if you have changed nothing (no hacks/bugfixes/template changes) then you can just install v1.5.6 beta2 and then if needed it reinstall previous version.

Note: always install Flexicontent versions WITHOUT uninstalling. If you uninstall your menu items will break and various data tables will be deleted, resulting in data loss.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19882 by gcprnet
I upgraded to 1.5.6 beta2 now but now I have the problem that all my images that belog to my articles are gone. ist this normal, did I miss anything?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19888 by ggppdk
If you mean the blog template and you have set the image to come from a item field, then yes it is a bug , the fix is already on the SVN.

You must wait for next download in a couple of days or extract from SVN

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline