SOLVED - No Image in Leading Article

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #20681 by piperchick
Hi,

I am trying to have my leading article in blog category view show an image, and then 3 intro columns. For some reason the leading image never shows (but it will select one from within the text if I set it to that, but I want it to use the default image from the flexi image field).

I know the images are being created because as soon as I add a new article, and the older one gets bumped from the leading position, the image appears fine.

I have played with a number of different settings.
I am using the unmodified blog template.

I am using Flexi 1.5.6 r955.
URL: gloamingheritage.com
The settings:

[attachment=1:21sc2ulh]<!-- ia1 -->settings1.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:21sc2ulh]

The results (note no image in leading article):

[attachment=0:21sc2ulh]<!-- ia0 -->results.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:21sc2ulh]

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by piperchick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20682 by ggppdk
This has been reported before, but i had only fixed for standard items , not for leading.

The reason image is not shown is that the new behavior in FC v1.5.6 is not create fields unless they are in a template position.

I have included fix in v1.5.6 RC1a
Get v1.5.6 RC1a here:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list
it also has a some other fixes that you need, please note it includes some small template updates

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20687 by micker
if your speed put your image field in renderonly position
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 5 months ago #20703 by piperchick
@ggppdk Thanks for posting an update. Unfortunately, when I installed it I got a white screen. I tried it twice.

@micker Using "RenderOnly" worked fine. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I am still not entirely sure what "render" means, but am glad it worked for me.

Thanks to both of you for being so responsive. FlexiContent is absolutely fabulous. I am just switching this site from K2 to FlexiContent.

Thanks.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20705 by ggppdk
Your site fails because your com_mailto component is missing or installed or corrupted, this is a standard component of joomla and FLEXIcontent code does not check if it exists, if i had put in the code the error_reporting statement, then this may have been detected more easy, mmmm, i have register an issue to detect if com_mailto is installed.

Enable / disable email icon in global configuration, to see the effect ....

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20707 by piperchick
Thanks so much for your help with this. Enabling com_mailto has fixed the issue.

I appreciate that you responded so quickly. I also love the tweaks on the blog category layout :D

Thanks.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline