[since v2.0.0] Change default sorting items in backend

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6214 by vlester
Hello,

By default, in the backend the items are ordered by date of creation : at the top of the list, the very first items created.
I would like to display at the top the last items created. It can easily be done by clicking on the "created" button to sort the items the way I want but it takes a click everytime and I'm sure there is a way to change the default parameter.
Same thing for the categories list, I would like to get them by alphabetical order.

I looked in the "models" folder but I didn't find how to do it.

That could be very helpful for those who have to manage a lot of categories and items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15937 by ViveLeFlexicontent
been at it a few hours trying to get this done myself.. every post I find is unanswered :| ok this one is very old, but still.

I really need Categories and items (backend) by default order asc.. So it's easy to find the category to post the item in.. and so on

Had a look in the database, and there is a orderby= parameter but its empty, and I dont know if I can add something and or what.. Damn google gives me nothing but worthless or spyware infested sites.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15942 by micker
Did you try the last version 1.5.5 in svn download ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 11 months ago #15946 by ViveLeFlexicontent
heya micker. nope, am a bit scared of updating lol, I changed so much code. got backups though so will do it soon before I go live.

anyhow I fixed it :D in the front end that is..
Categories and subcategories now default order ASC. In /components/com_flexicontent/models/category.php
change on line 404, 506
'ordering ASC';
to:
'c.title ASC';
and in models/flexicontent.php
line 256 also change
'ordering ASC';
to:
'c.title ASC';

But no order in the backend yet. While you can sort the categories by title in the main category view. If you are in a particular item view you have the little select box on the right where you also set the primary category, gonna try to get this by order asc now.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15950 by micker
Great thanks for this return
Thinks about sharing your modification for community
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 9 months ago #17215 by tbunte
Has anyone an idea how to change these backend parameters in FC.
It was not very nice to see always you oldest articles on top, an not the newest one?

best regards,
Thomas

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline