[solved] Error Message: array_unique()

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #35669 by summitdads
Hello! I am using the following in my website:

Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable
Flexicontent version 2.0.1 (r1659)
Universal Content Module for FLEXIcontent [mod_flexicontent] (enabled for Latest News)

Unfortunately, I get this error message:

Warning: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /******/*********/public_html/modules/mod_flexicontent/helper.php on line 1414

You can see it for yourself at: www.summitdads.info (top right corner of the page)

This does not seem to affect the functionality or content of the page, but it is certainly a nuisance. Why is null a problem? How can this be resolved? Allow null to be an acceptable option? Suppress the error message, perhaps? Please advise.

Thank you!
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by summitdads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35674 by summitdads
UPDATE:

This issue seems to be particular to Flexicontent version 2.0.1 (r1659) because I downgraded to version 2.0.0 (r1648) and the problem immediately disappears without further adjustments.

Since my initial post regarding this matter, I discovered that (r1659) also made my articles disappear from the category view, regardless of the fact that they list within the appropriate categories in the back end. Interestingly, I found an article in the forum that describes the same listing problem, although the array_unique() message only applies to my instance. The post I found is labeled: [localhost issue?] Category view empty. (30 March 2013).

I still do not know what is particular to (r1659) that causes these anomalies. My site could be used for testing to help identify and solve this issue, if necessary.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35675 by ggppdk
About you articles disappearing in v2.0.1, this is not a bug , it is misconfiguration:

-- please go to content Type and check that you Content Types are of public ACCESS !

About universal content module of v2.0.0 has a couple of bugs, but i see your module configuration does not trigger them.

Also v2.0.1 fixes several v2.0.0 bugs , so you should use v2.0.1.

About array_unique error, are you using the category scope? what is your configuration there?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35677 by summitdads
All content types show public access.

Given that the array_unique() error happened within the Universal Content Module for FLEXIcontent area of the page, I assume you mean the category scope settings for that module.

Therefore the category scope settings there are:

Method: All
Behaviour(**): Static: use above; ignore current item
Extra Categories: None

More
11 years 1 month ago #35679 by ggppdk
Hello, i have found the issue with array_unique, just it seems that it is printed only with particular Mysql/PHP/Joomla versions,

About array_unique to apply a quick fix , replace line giving error with:

return array_unique($published_cats);
with
return array_unique($all_cats);

About your items not being list, are their main category unpublished ? or has non-public access level

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35680 by summitdads
All categories are published. All categories have public access levels.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline