Hwdmediashare not triggering the right event on Flexicontent

More
10 years 11 months ago #37500 by Fabien78
Hi,

I have installed hwdmediashare.co.uk/ plugin on my website.

One of their option is to add videos to articles.

I am also using flexicontent cck.

It appears that I cannot integrate videos from my plugin hdw to any article. But i can embbed allvideos code for instance (please see screenshot : the youtube video is allvideos, the line code is hwd)

I got a return from the hwd developers, as follow:

"You are inserting it into an item within the FLEXIcontent component, which you have used to replace the default content component from Joomla.

This FLEXIcontent component isn't correctly executing Joomla 2.5 content plugins! I checked this by manually debugging the code on your website and I have confirmed it by adding content plugin for 2 other core Joomla content plugins to the page:

{ loadmodule mod_login }
{ loadposition sidebar-2 }

When the article loads, it also just shows this code on the page (see screenshot link):
screencast.com/t/43qxpkjny93m

I think your FLEXIcontent component is out of date, or isn't triggering the correct events for Joomla 2.5. I think it is only triggering the Joomla 1.5 events. If you do a version check in FLEXIcontent, then it says it is from 2011, but I think that information might not be correct:
screencast.com/t/KCM3aM7svzt

I have seen a few discussions about this in the FLEXIcontent forum, but they are very old threads so I'm not sure what the status is. I think it is worth clarifying with the developers, and we are happy to communicate with them directly if they have any queries.

I'm confident our content plugin is triggered on the correct events. It is widely used, and no one else has ever reported this problem.

You may ask, then why does the AllVideos (by JoomlaWorks) plugin work. That plugin has been around for many years and will trigger both the Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5 events, which is probably why the content plugin is working in your site."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #37501 by Fabien78
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #37519 by ggppdk
Hello,

please mention the FLEXIcontent version that you are using !!!

the content plugin triggering is full updated in v2.0.x, except for item form , where some plugin check if current component is com_content

-- where do you try to trigger the content plugin? in description?
1. did you enable (in field configuration) plugin triggering there and selected the plugins you want to trigger?
2. if the above (1) does not work , try this, use CTRL-click to select none plugin in the list, this will trigger ALL content plugins

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 11 months ago #37569 by Fabien78
Hi,

I have enabled plugin triggering in description field's configuration and it works.

Thanks

More
10 years 11 months ago #37575 by micker
Lol send message to dev to explain that FLEXIcontent works .. ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 11 months ago #37581 by ggppdk
Yes, please also reply to the developer of the plugin, that "content plugin triggering needs to be enabled for each field"

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline