[Perms or Owner] Server Err on RSS, Flexicontent Templates

More
10 years 9 months ago #38552 by romaingentilella
Hello,

I've cloned my Joomla 1.5 website with Akeeba Backup in order to update Flexicontent on my dev site before update the prod one.

After the upgrade, I can't access to any RSS feed, it must be a configuration problem, I'll fix this later. But after creating a multiple categories menu item and try to duplicate a Flexicontent Template, there is no way to go back to the Flexicontent template page, Server error too, and on my entire website too... When I check what's happened with FTP, nothing changed, even in flexicontent template folder...

Do you know what could happen ? Is this because it's a cloned website (on a directory) ?

My website : www.clape-media.com/akeeba-rb

Thanks

EDIT : FLEXIcontent version 2.0.2 r1680 & fr-FR.com_flexicontent.zip v1.5.6+

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #38553 by ggppdk
Hello

if template is not duplicate then permission of parent folder "template" must be wrong

About the blank page,
this is a usually PHP fatal error and we need to get it to appear

For this purpose, please go to Joomla 's Global configuration and set "Error reporting" to "simple" then visit frontend page to see if the PHP error appears

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38554 by romaingentilella
Permissions for template were to 777, but I've changed the error reporting to simple and it returns this :
Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementByPath() on a non-object in /home/www/019189418f666c5bde54473fc5262d/web/akeeba-rb/components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.helper.php on line 2529

When I check on my FTP, line 2529 is this :
Code:
$groups = $document->getElementByPath('fieldgroups');

More
10 years 9 months ago #38556 by ggppdk
Hello

both problem comes due to either permission problem or wrong ownership (please check this when restoring with Akeeaba Backup)

Two cases:
1. "denying" permissions for any PARENT folder up to the root (yes any parent folder up to the root)
e.g. if your folder is 777 but some parent folder is 444 then 444 takes effect

2. wrong ownership of created folders

yes even if folder is 777 a wrong owner will cause problems

this is because the sub-folders will be created with 744 permissions, again with wrong owner thus the 744 of the sub-folder will make files impossible to copy

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 9 months ago #38562 by romaingentilella
Thanks for your help ! I've "chmoded" to 777 and owned the entire website but still not working... Is there any other possible cause to this ?

I've checked on every folder on my website, everything is set to 777.

More
10 years 9 months ago #38563 by ggppdk
Hello
is the owner of the folder/files same as the unix account that of the domain ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.981 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline