[Due to server hardware (Hard disk) ?] DB Table crash due to hit counting

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #55768 by iamrobert
Thanks for the advice - ggppdk.

Sorry - where do I find unique counting?

We have done the following:
1. Our isotope universal module was generating many queries when it was set to extract images from Field. So - we have made it to extract from content by manually running the query to extract those images from the field - as we already know the file ID from where we got the image. I applied it to our sister site but not our other store site. The attached diagram shows the difference in memory and queries usage.

Image Link

2. We manually updated to innoDB as well.

I will repost in a few days to let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Robert
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by iamrobert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #55806 by ggppdk
Hello

innoDB might be a little slower in some cases, but is best choice, because it is almost crash proof and it's better locking does it more appropriate for update operations

do not forget to post an update :)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #55902 by iamrobert
Hi ggppdk,

It crashed again - according to the server company:

"The caching service on the Cloud was stalled. It appears that the memory on the server was exceeded for a short time and this resulted in the stop of the MySQL and caching services"

We have 3gb of RAM - so I'm looking through my slow mysql logs and these keep appearing - but I don't really understand it:

Code:
SELECT i.id FROM xxx_flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN xxx_flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN xxx_flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN xxx_flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN xxx_categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN xxx_categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2015-07-14 15:07:31' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2015-07-14 15:07:31' ) AND ty.access IN (0,1,1,5) AND mc.access IN (0,1,1,5) AND i.access IN (0,1,1,5) AND i.id = 596 AND i.state IN ( 1, -5 ) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.created DESC, i.title ASC LIMIT 0, 5;

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT t.id, t.name, i.itemid, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(t.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', t.id, t.alias) ELSE t.id END as slug FROM xxx_flexicontent_tags AS t JOIN xxx_flexicontent_tags_item_relations AS i ON i.tid = t.id WHERE i.itemid IN ('871') AND t.published = 1 ORDER BY t.name;

Code:
SELECT i.*, ie.*, ty.name AS typename, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(i.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', i.id, i.alias) ELSE i.id END as slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(c.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', mc.id, mc.alias) ELSE mc.id END as categoryslug, GROUP_CONCAT(rel.catid SEPARATOR ",") as itemcats FROM xxx_content AS i JOIN xxx_flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN xxx_flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN xxx_flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN xxx_categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN xxx_categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE i.id IN (1029) GROUP BY i.id LIMIT 0, 5;

Any ideas?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #55904 by ggppdk
Hello

these are normal

query 1 is backend and is cached 1 per login session , and happens in backend dashboard
-- (so it will not have any effect since it happens rarely)

query 3 is universal module and is using specific FLEXIContent item ID, using the same query with it, e.g. a Joomla module would be multiple times slower
- to call it slow please give some real numbers (milliseconds)

query 2 is also using ids
- same as above give some real numbers (milliseconds)

if they are the slowest queries, then they should be quite fast as they are quering specific IDs

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #55905 by ggppdk
Hello

you could use a solution that offers same/better perfromance without sharing the software processes

unfortunately siteground is using virtualization method that is sharing mysql Database process with other users
try using a software that requires full ACCESS to the DB like the popular Toad for MySQL, e.g. to do a DB comparison and siteground will tell you that you cannot have proper access, and you cannot change some MySQL configuration either !

e.g. this website has 120,000-150,000 page views per month (including bots) with 5%-15% (average 5 mins) CPU load during day
(OVH) 2x3GHz CPUs, with less RAM 2 GBs

also if you try to replace FLEXIcontent universal module with other module that needs similar query functionality you will find them to be much slower
also using a DB table smaller that ppp_content to make queries faster ... ppp_flexicontent_items_tmp

finally you can enable conservative/progressive caching in frontend, in v3 it should work properly in all cases

More
8 years 9 months ago #55909 by ggppdk
Hello

also if you do not enable cache Joomla will do more hits updates than FC, (same query), because FC by default will only count the page view once per user visit

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline