Migration from 2.5 to 3.X site

More
9 years 11 months ago #47099 by thatch10
Good evening, I am having problems when attempting to upgrade from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x.

I have imported the data from 2.5 to 3 using sp transfer.

(Content and Categories) These are all there in joomla,

when I install latest version of flexicontent com_flexicontent_v2.1.3_r1857_J25_J32 and then follow the normal process for installation I only get categories up to approx 66. (the joomla categories are over 100 and less than 200.

Is there a limit somewhere on the number of categories.

This is before any binding of articles.

Attempted this on local host and internet facing host with similar results.

Even overwriting the flexi database directly with the data from the 2.5 site gives similar results on the local host, trying the same on the internet facing host.

Thatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #47101 by micker
hello
I have imported the data from 2.5 to 3 using sp transfer ??
just update with zip into install extension
or test akeeba CMS update
no need sp transfer

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 11 months ago #47140 by ggppdk
Hello

upgrading from J2.5 to J3.x should not require special software in most cases

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 11 months ago #47153 by thatch10
Thanks both for the replies.

I had attempted a couple of attempts locally by following the recommended routines and even with all components / modules / plugins which were not standard Joomla I still ran into issues.

This was using the recommended install through extension manager

That It why I resubscribed to sp transfer as this product assisted when the site was upgraded 1.5 to 2.5.

What is strange as the content is there in the front end, as are the categories if I view the article, its just in the backend.

Thatch

More
9 years 11 months ago #47161 by ggppdk
Hello

go to FLEXIcontent system plguin and exclude

1. super administrators from being redirected when accessing
- Joomla (backend ) category manager (do not edit categories via Joomla categories manager)
- Joomla items manager (do not edit items via Joomla article manager)

2. Go to the Joomla category manager, has the SP upgrade transfer the category tree of the J1.5 web-site ?

if so click to rebuild the tree and then clear cache and go back to FLEXIcontent items or categories manager to see if categories appear

NOTE:
for upgrading the category tree , we have tested process with JUpgade, i don't know what SP upgrade has done, check if it has transfered the category tree properly

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 11 months ago #47171 by thatch10
ggppdk

Thanks very much, thats cracked it !

I've gone back to the system plugin and removed the admin access and all categories are as I expect them to be.

Thanks again for your assistance and the work you have completed in this component.

Thatch

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline