Image field: Existing File

More
13 years 1 month ago #15031 by screamkitty
[attachment=0:1a315j3u]<!-- ia0 -->Untitled.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1a315j3u]

How do I choose from existing image files on the server?

Why are the no images showing up that I can select?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #15037 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Image field: Existing File
did you have upload something with filemanager of flexicontent ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 month ago #15065 by screamkitty
Yes.

I'm running Joomla/Flexicontent locally during development using XAMPP.

I've tried uploading from Flexicontent > Files

- to both the "Secure" and "Media" directories

I've tried uploading from the image field on the Item Edit screen.

I've tried manually placing images in directories.

I'd like to know what directory the Existing File drop-down is looking in.

Can I point it to look in another directory, such as "components/com_flexicontent/medias"?

More
13 years 1 month ago #15075 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Image field: Existing File
strange for me it works !
the uploading works ?
in filemanager of flexicontent did you see your file ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 month ago #15154 by screamkitty
Uploading works. I mean, I can upload via the "Image" field or the "MiniGallery" field and the images will both display on the website.

However, only images uploaded via the MiniGallery field show up in the FileManager - to display the images uploaded via the "Image" field, I must use the "Upload from server" tab in the filemanager.

I'm trying to make a user-friendly way to create Items - uploading multiple images, and then having to use the "Upload from server" tab - just isn't going to cut it.

Really need to figure out why I can't select existing images for the "Image" field

More
13 years 1 month ago #15155 by vlester
Replied by vlester on topic Image field: Existing File
Hello,

The existing files list is related to a particular field. The list displays only the images that you have uploaded via THIS field in others items. If no files appear in the list, it means that you didn't load any images via this field in others items or, if you did in the past, you may have deleted or unpublished these items since. If you want a particular image to appear in the list, this image must have been loaded in another item and in the same field.
In other way, you can't upload images massively and saw them in the list. Well may be this could be done with some very tricky scripts but unless you have more than two hundred images to upload, I don't think it would save your time.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline