[solved] How to enable select filter for tags in blog view?

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #15603 by arctos
Hello and thanks for an amazing component!

My question concerns the way I can enable a select-box filter (in category blog view) for filtering articles by tags. The page I'm trying to make it work on: test2.mebell.ru/index.php?option ... Itemid=161

What I've done:
1. Created custom field.
2. Chose Field type: FLEXIcontent - Select
3. Chose Type - Articles
4. Checked Use SQL query - yes
5. Entered the following code in Field elements: "SELECT id AS value, name AS text FROM #__flexicontent_tags"

The result is - the select list is displayed, but it doesn't work! After choosing any tag shows the message "No items available for this category", though there are articles assigned to this tag.

Am I missing smth? Some php-code or anything else, to make it all work?

Thanks for any help,
Michael.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by arctos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #15604 by micker
hello
at first did you desactived joomla cache and gzip compression ?
after clean cache and expired cache and test again
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 week ago #15613 by arctos
Thanks for your reply!

I followed your instructions and the filter started working, BUT as you can see ( test2.mebell.ru/index.php?option ... Itemid=161 ) it filters the wrong items. Namely, the item entitled "Newz №1" is tagged "Moskva", but when I choose "Moskva" in select box, it displays another item ("fefwf")!

I looked up in admin.panel and found out that item "fefwf" is really tagged "Moskva", but NOT in the top (ajax-styled) box, but in the select list "Tag Select" UNDER the JCE Editor.

Are there two different tag-assign systems?? And how can I get the "ajax-styled" tags to be displayed in select-box filter on my category page, and not the tags that are under JCE Editor? Is there a possibility to somehow synchronize these two tag-systems?

best regards, Michael

More
13 years 1 week ago #15615 by micker
by carefull with caratere in tag ... N° ... it became a strange reponse ..

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 week ago #15618 by arctos
What do you mean by caratere? All the symbols in my tags are 100% latin.

Maybe you could give any suggestions about this strange behaviour of tags? What could I do in this situation? I've not done any changes to code or whatever, the problem with tags started from very beginning. The version is 1.5.4.

And anyway, I can't figure out the cause of this problem, it seems that there are "two tag-systems", the one that is active in admin.panel (the assigned tags) and in category blog (tags links), while the other is active in the select list filter.

Don't know how to struggle with this problem..

More
13 years 1 week ago #15621 by yopyop001
Hi,

I think this option (filter by tags) is available in the 1.5.5 (download here :
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/d ... z&can=2&q= )

(See code.google.com/p/flexicontent/s ... tail?r=585 )

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline