[SOLVED] Image Field

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #8957 by isocrateus
Hey everyone,

I have a problem implementing felxicontent's image field. Just a few short facts about my plan and problem:

- I need article title images, which are being displayed at the top of every article or next to it in the catagory view
- I created an image field and added it to the item type article in order to properly display it using self-built templates (which are in the making)

Well, the result of the above is, that the image field's shown on the item editing page. But the upload doesnt work - no error is thrown, the auto upload rather says, that everything went fine. But the upload actually didnt happen.

I checked all folder rights, so that shouldnt be the problem.

What can I do? Appreciate every hint!

PS: What would be the way for creating a more advanced image field, using for example JCE image manager?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by isocrateus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8959 by isocrateus
Replied by isocrateus on topic [SOLVED] Image Field
BTW: I use the latest stable of FC. Also installed are JCE and Joomfish.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8970 by micker
Replied by micker on topic [SOLVED] Image Field
hello what is the size of this image ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8977 by isocrateus
I have two test-jpegs which are around 40 KB. So that shouldnt be the point.. Any other ideas or people having similar problems maybe?
I'd be very thankful for not having to scan the whole component for any conflicts with other modules or plugins :) cheers!

More
13 years 9 months ago #8978 by isocrateus
Hm, I figured out that file field upload doesnt work too - it confuses me a little.. Any settings maybe I didnt notice?

UPDATE: Uploading works, but now in the config panel under 'files' something goes wrong and i get a blank screen... Are there any known bugs around the file manager plugin? ..

More
13 years 9 months ago #9025 by isocrateus
The problem is solved - I looked up the french forum posts: Had to delete the field and recreate it.

I will now try to enhance the field or write a new field type, which will enable the jce image manager for that field ;-)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline