Custom Category Template 4 columns

More
13 years 8 months ago #9842 by marcomdl
Hi all!
I've start using Flexicontent for a complex site i'm building and i find it really usefull!

Now there is a thing that i'm trying to do and i can't.

I need a category view whith 3-4 columns.
In each column i need an image taken from an image field that automatic link to the relative item page.
I don't want to display anything else, only that image field with the link (auto).

It this possible?

My first problem is to have more than 2 columns, and the second problem is to have an image with the link of the article, no idea on how to do that.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9904 by micker
hello you can edit your template file category_item.php
created your table and insert the code to generate your content
2 link
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1648 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1648
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1335 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1335
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 8 months ago #9940 by marcomdl
i know i can edit the category_item.php, i did, but i can't get it to stay on more than 2 columns. In the category option on the backend it only let me select 1 or 2 column.

too bad all the most interesting post on this forum are in french.

and what can you tell me about the possibility to have an image with automatic generated link to the article? is this possible? and how?

thanks in advance.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10137 by ThatComputerDude
Has this been resolved (in English) to be able to have more than 2 columns in Category View by chance?

More
13 years 8 months ago #10142 by micker
no you can do this manualy
sorry my engglish is to small to do a real translation ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 8 months ago #10150 by ThatComputerDude
No worries Micker, you do an OUTSTANDING job responding to all the threads here and helping as much as you can.

I've tried to do more than the standard 2 column category view and didn't have much luck.

I'm going to try again and if I get it figured out, I'll post what I did for a tutorial guide for people looking for it in English.

Thanks again for all the help you provide here!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline