v2.0.3 beta r1685 item form Tabs and backend template

More
10 years 11 months ago #37307 by summitdads
Hello! I just downloaded the latest release (v2.0.3 beta r1685) and thought I would try it out and maybe find any bugs within it to help the project.

The problem that I find with my particular configuration lies within the Edit item screen. When I try to edit an item, the article content does not appear. I only see the boxes that list from Item ID to Versions History on the right side of the page. My editor does not even appear, nor does any indication of content on the left side of the Edit item page materialize for that matter. I know for a fact that v2.0.2_J25_r1680 did not have this issue in my website.

I tried the following browsers and the results were identical to those described above: Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome v27.0.1453.94 and Firefox 21.0.

I know of no other issues at this time.

Incidentally, I am in no hurry to edit an item or create a new one. I only checked this out to offer a fresh look for debugging purposes. The problem I am reporting does not affect the functionality of my website in the front end. If you would like to see this issue first hand, let me know and I will PM you with access credentials.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #37308 by ggppdk
Hello,
thanks for feedback
you speak of backend item form (also test the frontend form to see if you have same problem)

so the TABs of backend item form do not display properly, i mean clicking on the TABs does not work? or the TABs do not appear ??

1. post a picture of what you see
2. do you have a JS error ?
3. try joomla's default backend template, does the form TABs display properly ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 11 months ago #37309 by summitdads
Please note: I never use the frontend for editing. I believe, in fact, that I have the website set to not allow frontend editing.

1) The attachments here are backend snapshots with Aplite and Bluestork admin templates in use.

2) No JS errors present.

3) After trying a few admin templates, per your suggestion, the problem appears to involve r1685 and AdminPraise Lite (Aplite) because the issue disappears with Bluestork. Incidentally, all of the tabs (e.g., General, Categories/Tags ... etc) work with the Bluestork template.
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #37321 by ggppdk
This backend template prevents the tabbing code from triggering and displaying the TABs.

Initially the TABs are not visible , when form loads some JS code is executed that makes the TABs appear,

maybe we should remove the CSS code that hides the TABs at least the form will appear,

but even this will not give you tabs look because the JS tabbing code does not get executed

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 11 months ago #37655 by summitdads

maybe we should remove the CSS code that hides the TABs at least the form will appear, but even this will not give you tabs look because the JS tabbing code does not get executed

I thought about this for some days, and your suggestion seems to be a workable solution. However, since the JS tabbing code would not get executed, I wonder about the outcome. Will this result in static links instead of tabs?

In addition, I wondered if it would be worth the trouble or possible to offer an alternative to the tabs layout, in the event that this type of situation occurs. For example, if the JS cod runs, fine-- else another format for people who have this problem in the backend. I cannot imagine that the Aplite admin template is (or will be) the only template to prevent the tabbing code from triggering and displaying the TABs. In this event, a substitute method or arrangement for showing the Categories/Tags ... etc might be useful. Please advise.

Incidentally, I just switched to another admin template, the VTEM Admin Template, without any issues. If you would like to experiment a bit with FlexiContent and the Aplite template, however, let me know. I still have it installed and can help with further reporting of issues.

More
10 years 11 months ago #37662 by micker
try rt mission control

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline