red padlock appear and prevent seeing of pages

More
10 years 5 months ago #42647 by jobfall
Hello

I have Joomla 2.5 + flexi

It's a moment i can see - in front - strange red padlocks near some items of many categories list.

Example here (at the bottom, near "RoleDD éditeur de personnages DD3.5")

These items "signalised" are impossible to reach if not connected ... that's what i thought ... and this was already not normal, but today i realised that nobody except me - admin - can reach them. Other members, connected, can't.

The statut ot these items is published, of course, and it appears only to some pages that have nothing special i can see.

So, is there someone that can explain me why and when appear these red padlocks in front ... and what to do to put them off and free my pages to the public.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #42650 by ggppdk
Hello

-1-

the pad-lock does not prevent seeing the items ,
... it just shows that the item is not accessible, you can disable but your item will remain not accessible (see further below how to make it public)

This red lock is a content list markup
-- you can disable ALL content list markups in component settings (you can override in category settings)

-- currently there are 3 type of content list markups:
a. Access Level Markups (your case: red lock=no access):
- free-access,
- no-access,
- need-access levels,
- obtained-access levels

b. featured categories markups

c. normal categories markups (you rarely need to enable this markup)

-2-

About item not being accessible check 3 things
(e.g. for guests access level must be 'public')

1. access level content type
2. access level of item's main category (and it's parent categories)
3. access level of the item itself

NOTE: even if content type appears to be public , edit-save it once just to make sure

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42658 by jobfall
Hello ggppdk ! Thanks for answering so quick

he pad-lock does not prevent seeing the items ,
... it just shows that the item is not accessible, you can disable but your item will remain not accessible

In fact, i don't need to disable it, but to free the item of course.

About item not being accessible check 3 things
(e.g. for guests access level must be 'public')
1. access level content type

i'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean by content type. Where do i have to check this , please ?

2. access level of item's main category (and it's parent categories)

Of course the category can only be ok. If not, I could not see it in front when i'm disconect and all the items would be locked i imagine ?

3. access level of the item itself

This is ok of course

NOTE: even if content type appears to be public , edit-save it once just to make sure

Yes i edited the item several times ... nothing...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42660 by ggppdk
Hello

Content Type
or just

"Type"

e.g. the type of your item could be "Article"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42667 by jobfall
OK !

So I checked tne three things and it's still locked.

I concentrated my search only on one article that has these locks. The one i linked higher. It's an article type, published , on a categorie published as well

So what can I do now ? Perhaps you could go and look on my backend if i give you login by mp ?

More
10 years 5 months ago #42669 by jobfall
I must tell an other problem that can have something to see with this problem of caplocks

I created a second acount to see how the front goes when you're not admin. But everytime it tells me it's a wrong id and google chrome does not want to connect.

I have to empty the navigator memorie ("vider le cache" in french) to make possible the login !

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline