Query string rooting change / improvement

More
11 years 5 months ago #30992 by igcorreia
Please consider this 2 ideas. The query string in divided in 2 one is they STRING and the VALUE.

We would like to have the string instead if the word filter the name/label of each field, example:
Actual: www.mycars.com/peugeut?filter_18=1&filter_35=4
The new: www,mycars.com/peugeut?color=blue&wheels=17inches

Thanks in advandced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30993 by ggppdk
Currently putting work on advanced search feature, yes this can be configurable via a global parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #30995 by igcorreia
YEY :D Good news. Ok. Let me know when we can test. This is a must have.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31001 by ggppdk
I have gone back and forth on these, but, since these are now in a single place, (single place for search view and single place for category view)

OK for category view it is a single place since now the URL creating JS file is common, will need a JS object that maps of filter id to field name for this to work, so i ll test and see if everything is ok,

about the friendliness of the URL it has occured to me too, that is a reason all for not using GET method in category view OR you will get 20 variables in the URL ... instead we decide to use a JS script, the filter variables are needed in URL for 2 reasons, (a) bookmarking and (b) ability to work properly with full page cache system plugin

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #31008 by igcorreia
My problem is for Sharing links and copy paste.
Make sure If I am on a page and I want to share a link I am not sharing just the domain.

I hate site that are full ajax and when I want to share a link I cant.

Sharing is more important then bookmarking as I see. But if it works for one probably will work for the other.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31011 by igcorreia
Please advise, where can I find in the global configuration this info? I cant find it.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline