ACL on types and categorie in Public form

More
11 years 1 month ago #35142 by gauthier
Since the new version, there is the option "Add a new item" available in the default templates. I like this button! But to have it stronger, it will be great to have the following integrated:

When you are using this button, you will have a form that will appear asking you to choose a type and the main category (current category is already selected) and the secondary categories.

I have specific ACL rules
I have at the same level "registered" and a custom level access "client"
I have that to be sure that I will not have data from one part visible for the other.

So types and categories used by one should not appear for the other, even when list or filters are build.
I set my ACL and I still have in the list, data that should not appear.

I know that what I am describing here is something very high level (not used by so many people) but it could bring a lot of power into FC.

The advantage for me is that I could use same template/display in the entire website and having menus, buttons, modules configure/set only once time for all different groups of user.

Do you think that I am creasy or it could be possible? :ugeek:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35158 by ggppdk
Hello,

about types this was started in v2.0.1 and will be finished in v2.0.2

Did you see this posting?

flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... pic#p35112

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35205 by gauthier
great! I am waiting the 2.0.2 version :P
But what about ACL on categories list?

More
11 years 1 month ago #35211 by ggppdk
Hello,
this is used already:

the category drop down select in item edit form , is using (of course) the "Create" ACL privilege of the users.

Thus the authors can assign items only to categories for which they have "create" privilege (like it is in standard J2.5 article form too)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 1 month ago #35336 by gauthier
It seems not working in the way how I configured groups and ACL...

I have a ACL and a group named "Client" at the same level as "registered"
When I am with a user with "client" ACL (only), I should not see all registered categories?

More
11 years 1 month ago #35337 by ggppdk
About "create items" ACL privilege on Content Types this totally new in v2.0.1 and (the only unfinished feature of v2.0.1) will be finished in v2.0.1a or v2.0.2

About the selection of categories
please check 2 things
1. does your user belong to 2 usergroups ? examine create ACL privelege for all of the usergroups
2. is it frontend menu submit item configured to ignore ACL?
3. Maybe Joomla ACL is as you expected it (i have myself been confused sometimes and i have read docs repeatedly and because i am developer , i have also studied the code)

So after answering me 1 and 2
please for (3) post 1-2 pictures of your ACL configuration and 1 picture of the usergroups the user belongs to.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline