[solved] Flexi Tag Could module CSS file

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #17890 by bobthebob01
Hi,

I'm using the flexi tag cloud module on one of my site, and since i am using my own styling, i want to stop loading the module css file.
Only one problem, there is no option to do so. Or am i missing something?

I've looked at the code of mod_flexitagcloud.php to see the following
Code:
$add_ccs = $params->get('add_ccs', 1);
and
Code:
if ($add_ccs && !$caching) { $document->addStyleSheet(JURI::base(true).'/modules/mod_flexitagcloud/tmpl/mod_flexitagcloud.css'); }

But i don't see any option in the module parameters when editing it in the back-end, and nothing in mod_flexitagcloud.xml either.

I just uncommented the lines to stop loading the css file, which does the job for me. But it would be good to have it as an option in the parameters panel.

thanks in advance for the clarification.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by bobthebob01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17892 by ggppdk
I will check and do , of course you can always override the CSS rules by simple making them a little longer
e.g. put a
div
in front of every rule you want to override so that is just a little longer ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #17893 by bobthebob01
thanks ggppdk,

sure, that would work as well.
In my case, since the css file is so small, and i changed the styling completely, i want to avoid making an additional http request for just 1 little file.

One thing that i am bit confused. I can see in the if statement that there is the condition and reference to loading the css file.

But how can there be a condition statement to a parameter if the is in fact no parameter.

Sorry, i'm not a php guru but i like to understand as i'm trying to learn php at the same time.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17898 by ggppdk
Put the following inside the file:
modules/mod_flexitagcloud/mod_flexitagcloud.xml
Code:
<param name="add_ccs" type="radio" default="1" label="FLEXI_ADD_DEFAULT_CSS" description="FLEXI_ADD_DEFAULT_CSS_DESC"> <option value="0">FLEXI_NO</option> <option value="1">FLEXI_YES</option> </param>
And add the following language strings inside the file:
languages/en-GB/en-GB.mod_flexitagcloud.ini
Code:
FLEXI_ADD_DEFAULT_CSS=Add css FLEXI_ADD_DEFAULT_CSS_DESC=Add the module default css file

I will include this option in Flexicontent v1.5.6 beta

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #17905 by micker
thanks ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #17919 by bobthebob01
woa, thanks a lot ggpdk!

you're like a coding machine.
it's really great to see positive and responsive developers.
i'm really loving flexicontent more and more.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline