[Images are inside SECURE folder (htaccess)] v3.0.8 Upgrade Broke My Slider Script

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #58359 by jthomas
Hello,

I was having a problem with this timezone error when editing any item after installing Joomla version, 3.4.5:

0 DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: Failed to parse time string (Jamais) at position 0 (J): The timezone could not be found in the database

So, as in the below linked thread instructed to do, I installed the latest upgradeFlexicontent v3.0.8:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...ticle-edit-form.html

All seems well now, except the front page of my website, the slider background images will not display in the main slider anymore, like it's a permission issue... I think.

Can anyone give me a clue what happened, and steer me in the right direction as to how to fix this?

I'm talking about the slider background images you can see (or actually not see when the text slides across), here: www.blizzardlighting.com

Thanks!

JT
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #58360 by ggppdk
Hello

i don't see any JavaScript error in the page, and the slider is running and i can see the images in the browser DOM changing, it must be CSS related

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jthomas

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #58361 by ggppdk
Hello

ok, it is not CSS related

the images are inside folder:
/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/

which is by default a URL 'secure' folder
- direct access is forbidden via URL by using an .htaccess file

you should take time to move / or reupload images (if not too many) to a different folder
- inside the filemanager or in file selection popup (item form) or in the field configuration select to upload images in the "media" folder

A quick fix (until you move them) is to delete file:

/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/.htaccess

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jthomas

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #58363 by jthomas
Thanks a million ggppdk, that did the trick. Updating maybe put back the .htaccess that the web development company that built the website for us must have deleted originally.

Problem solved. I will change where the images are stored in the near future and put the .htaccess back.

Best regards,

JT
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jthomas. Reason: I thought there were 2 responders

More
8 years 5 months ago #58364 by ggppdk
Hello

in your case the .htaccess is probably not needed there,

it is need only if you have documents PDF etc, that you want to allow only registered/privileged users to download
thus access to the files in the folder should be restricted

very nice looking site, regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.666 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline