Possibly and odd question - FlexiContent AND K2 - Possible?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10123 by status101
Hi There everyone,

Its been a while since I have had to come to the forums, which now I think about it, says a lot for how great FlexiContent is :)

However, I have come up against a situation with a client I am using FlexiContent for and need to ask what I think might be a very strange question. ( I tried searching the forum but the functionality REALLY needs some work : )

Is it possible / has anyone tried, to use K2 AND Flexicontent together on the same site??

I thought I would ask the question before I spent half a day trying it on a test site.

I typed the back story but at about 5 paragraphs I deleted it... I am always too verbose :) but suffice it to say if it would work, it might solve a problem/need for a client.

I am of course happy to discuss if anyone actually wants to know WHY I am asking but its pretty boring really :)

So.. if anyone has any knowledge or experience with this.. please let me know, otherwise I will try it out when I have some time and report back.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10128 by piperchick
I started my site in K2 but when it wasn't able to do what I needed and some basic functionality was missing, I started searching for alternatives and then I discovered FLEXIcontent.

While I was manually copying my articles from K2 to Flexi, I was running both Flexi and K2. K2 served as my live site, but I had some hidden menus linking to my in-progress Flexi articles. After I finally finished copying everything over from K2, I removed K2 (and I made a promise to never remove my content from the core no matter how sexy and easy something purports to be. Sexy and easy may be good for a while, but typically not for the long term ;-) ).

To sum up my verbose reply... they will work together without conflict.

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10130 by status101
Hey Piperchick,

Thank you for that! Thats very interesting to know. I thought it might be that way as K2 uses non core db, and that's actually why I started with Flexi instead if K2 about a year ago :) ..

Unfortunately, the client wants to create a multi-user blog where about 10 people will be blogging, and they don't like what I have been able to come up with in Flexi. They love the rest of the site in Flexi, but want a lot more of the blog functionality ( related, trackbacks, cat menus with (#), calendars etc etc) and 'prettiness' that they have seen on other blogs. They wanted to look at bridging wordpress.. which gets me even further away from the core :) .. but I showed them a K2 blog and they loved it.. So, we'll see.

I will warn them if they want to swap back it'll be a manual job and make it their call ;)

Thank you again.. you saved me half a day!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline