extend the alpha index

More
13 years 1 month ago #14392 by Janiba
Hello,

I would like to extend the alpha index and for example to show the content which beginns whith the letters "Ó" and "Ω" when you click on the letter "O" in the alpha index bar. For now, the letter "O" in the alpha index bar is empty althought I have some content which beginns with the letter "Ó".

Thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14394 by micker
Replied by micker on topic extend the alpha index
hello
you can edit category alaph.php in your template folder !
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 month ago #14396 by Janiba
Replied by Janiba on topic extend the alpha index

$letters = array('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm', 'n', 'o', 'p', 'q', 'r', 's', 't', 'u', 'v', 'w', 'x', 'y', 'z');

is not what I am looking for. I don't need any more Letters. I want just to extend the way how existing letters behave. For example: The Letter "O" should react also on letters "Ó" and "Ω".

I don't see how I can make that change in category_alpha.php!?
Please Help!

More
13 years 1 month ago #14575 by Janiba
Replied by Janiba on topic extend the alpha index
maybe this can better explain my question than my poor english :) ) please help!

More
13 years 1 month ago #14783 by jwwicks
Replied by jwwicks on topic extend the alpha index
You'll have to modify the model if you're not going to add any specific letters for your particular language to the alpha index in the template.

components/com_flexicontent/models/category.php
Lines 359-371
Code:
$session =& JFactory::getSession(); $alpha = JRequest::getVar('letter'); if($alpha===NULL) { $alpha = $session->get($option.'.category.letter'); }else{ $session->set($option.'.category.letter', $alpha); } if ($alpha == '0') { $where .= ' AND LOWER( i.title ) LIKE '.$this->_db->Quote( $this->_db->getEscaped( $alpha, true ).'%', false ); } elseif (!empty($alpha)) { $where .= ' AND LOWER( i.title ) LIKE '.$this->_db->Quote( $this->_db->getEscaped( $alpha, true ).'%', false ); }

You'll need to modify that last elseif and the Like clause to suit your needs.

Of course this is a hack of a core model file so backup backup backup.

The OOP way would be to extend the FlexicontentModelCategory and override how _buildQuery gets it's where clause with your own _buildItemWhere method.

Jw

More
13 years 1 month ago #14796 by micker
Replied by micker on topic extend the alpha index
great !
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline