sh404sef not working correctly after upgrade to fc 1.5.4?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14958 by vistamedia
Hi Thomas,
Could you provide me a temp superadmin access to your website (by PM) so that I can check that on the live site.
I you wish to have the old behavior of the SEF file, just use the old one ;)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14959 by tbunte
Hi Emmanuel,

i start today with setting up the Testenvironment.
When i was finished i will gave you an SA Access.

best regards,
Thomas

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14964 by gcprnet
I tried to set up sh404sef with fc 1.5.4 last night once more. To me it seems that sh404sef is not configureable at all with flexicontent. When I delete the com_flexicontent.php file in the sef_ext directory I always get urls like www.domain.tld/item/article-id-article-alias .
No matter how I configure sh404sef there is no effect at all to the url: If I disable the "display article id"-option there is no effect on the url and if I enable the "insert unique id"-option which is important for google-news there is no effect to the url either. I have the same behavior with every single option I can set in sh404sef. When the com_flexicontent.php file in sef_ext is present there is no url generated for any article in a category. Every single article url links to the category the article resides in. Also there seems to be no way to get rid of the term "item" in the url to an article.
We wanted to go live with the new system this week but we had to postpone everything due to these problems and after all this I must say that I'm very disappointed in the new version of fc. There have been many bugfixes but there seem to be many new problems that we are facing now and this throws us back in schedule for weeks....

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14966 by vistamedia
I just told you that you can have the old behavior using the old com_flexicontent.php file
So if you wish to do so replace components/com_flexicontent/sef_ext/com_flexicontent.php file by the old one (enclosed in this post)
By the way, as stated in the install notes, if you are not happy with the new release, you can just install the old one above and everything will function like before ;)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14970 by gcprnet
Hello Emmanuel,
I made many custom changes to the old version to fit it my needs and when I tried the new version I saw that every single adaption I made was standard in the fc 1.5.4 which is great because I don't have to keep my canges up to new fc-versions. Also fc 1.5.4 is much faster which is another reason I don't want to go back to the old version.
I now use the sh404-plugin from this thread www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... c&start=10 and this one seems to work ok I just have to find a way to append a unique id to my articles but I think this won't be too hard to accomplish.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #14972 by micker
great news !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline